• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
LordInsane said:
Well, Wessex and Scotland would be the prime candidates, and York as well, if they are in a position to do so. I'd argue for Brittany, as if they take the full parlement path and gains England, or rather more the bits they can gain cores on, which is almost all of it, said Parlement would be dominated by *Englishmen* rather then people from Brittany proper, and they'd be inclined to more of a 'Brittania' point of view, in my opinion.

I think Brittany is out of the question for the same reason France would be or Germany or anyone else from the continent. If the justification for Britannia is geograpical, then Brittany is not part of the georgraphy.

Brittania can be formed by England, Wessex, York, Scotland, Brittany, Wales and Eire. It gives cores on all provinces that are currently part of Brittania. Brittania requires you to control England, plus two of Wales, Scotland and Eire. As other parts are added (like Eire, after having already formed Brittania) you get those cores too. However, we can also have political union type events to urge union rather than require it Brittany's option to form will require it to have gone first on the "England" path, not the "France" path. This will lead to a second choice, pursuing Albion or Brittania.

England can be formed by Wessex, York and the City of London. It gives you cores on all of England, plus Wales (yes, I know, controversial) and Cornwall.

Albion can be formed by Eire, Scotland, Wales and, perhaps, Brittany and Cornwall. It requires you to have Eire and Scotland, but grants cores on Cornwall and Wales, even if you don't have them. As for brittany ... I think it would be very dependent on their choices. Going the continental-French route would preclude forming Albion. I think we would need to create this as a third alternative, or a sub-alternative to the England route.

Last edited:
MattyG said:
I think Brittany is out of the question for the same reason France would be or Germany or anyone else from the continent. If the justification for Britannia is geograpical, then Brittany is not part of the georgraphy.
They would be if they fulfil the requirements I mentioned ('the real prize remains the island'), and they are a state of traditional connection with the island (as their name indicates: Brittany means Little Britain, after all).

MattyG said:
Brittania can be formed by Wessex, York, Scotland, Wales and Eire. It gives cores on all provinces that are currently part of Brittania. Brittania requires you to control England, plus two of Wales, Scotland and Eire.
One presumes England, as well.

Edited the initial post.

Last edited by a moderator:
LordInsane said:
They would be if they fulfil the requirements I mentioned ('the real prize remains the island'), and they are a state of traditional connection with the island (as their name indicates: Brittany means Little Britain, after all).

OK, fair enough. Edited Brittania section accordingly.

MattyG said:
OK, fair enough. Edited Brittania section accordingly.
Rather interesting ideas, and would give more potential to the smaller players of that region.
I'd did notice that it was the Albion section you edited to account for Brittany's options, though ;).

So, is the idea to execute the same basic plan as with Asturias? You meet the minimum requirements, and you morph into a you-flavored version of that country? As it were, Eire keeps its pretty green flag and so on?

Ah, and so we hit upon why I truly detest France formation.

It destroys the individuality of the state that makes it. Orleans and Berri were pretty much France anyway, I'll admit, but almostall of the other possible Claimants lost all of their individuality when they became France, with Burgundy only barely retaining its identity.

It looks like it will be the same with Albion/Britannia, only -worse-.

Wessex (for example) is nothing -at all- like Eire (for example). To have them both make the same state is ridiculous.

Here's the thing with the flag: The UK flag would have been different if the power balance was different. Wales would not produce the same Union Jack. Scotland would not produce the same Union Jack. Only England - Real World would produce the same Union Jack.

:p Who said we were using the union jack? Also, we aren't wasting tags on alternate formations of the same country. Enough said, it's excessive, and a waste of tags/time. There is 'no' reason beyond possible ingame flag GFX change, but even that I consider a waste of time to make. No reason for a varying flag. So, if your going to keep complaining, don't expect ANY help from me, if Matty wants to give into ABSURD demands like that, then let him, I won't.

First: I'd appreciate if you didn't use a tone that feels so condescending.

Second: I never said we'd use the Union Jack either. It merely illustrates the point.

Third: There is quite a good reason for a varying flag and varying events. Enjoyment of the game ranks pretty high on them to me. It breaks the flow of the game for your country to pull a Heel Face Turn simply because they graduated to a higher tag.

Time Consumer said:
First: I'd appreciate if you didn't use a tone that feels so condescending.

Second: I never said we'd use the Union Jack either. It merely illustrates the point.

Third: There is quite a good reason for a varying flag and varying events. Enjoyment of the game ranks pretty high on them to me. It breaks the flow of the game for your country to pull a Heel Face Turn simply because they graduated to a higher tag.

I'll be condescending as I please. Our time is limited as is, and we do not have an infinite number of tags, I rather use the extra/free tags, for other things in the future, such as more minors in the 'much larger' map. We can already make nations different without flag graphics, just by having different monarch, and event trees depending on who formed it, and having some 'shared' events.

Frankly, I think we're using too many country tags on this as it is. However, countries should be easily identified. Burgundy, you know exactly what they chose even without the tag change, simply by the flags.

Time Consumer said:
Frankly, I think we're using too many country tags on this as it is. However, countries should be easily identified. Burgundy, you know exactly what they chose even without the tag change, simply by the flags.

We have limited enough time as is, and you should know that. No more tags then the ones for Albion/Britannia, otherwise it's a waste. Furthermore, GFX are possible, but highly unlikely in any version in the coming weeks. 1.06 as me and matty know it is focusing on fixing germany, building gain events, and new events for saxony/poland. We might consider doing something like that at a later point in time, but other graphical matters should take precedence.

Furthermore, I know beyond a reasonable doubt, that it is much more likely to get done, if you somehow contributed to it, beyond just writing. Events, and graphics take time to make, time which quite frankly is stretched as is, for me and matty making events. If you did anything in this nature, I could definitely see what you want being much more likely to be added in, just as long as you follow the current guidelines, and remember the proper event ids, etc. Also, you would need to update your version to 1.05, and play through that at least, because apparently the last version you played was 1.03, that just doesn't cut it. Your vision of the mod is out-of-date.

Different flags depending on who formed Albion or Brittania is probably needed, to a degree. A Wessex-York-London-England formed Brittania might have the same flag, for instance (if nothing else, it's not extremely likely that the first three haven't formed England if they are in a position to form Brittania), and the changes to the flag needn't be very large, just enough to show some difference.