• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Neuronyx

Recruit
1 Badges
Oct 28, 2022
  • BATTLETECH
This game is so buggy it's ridiculous. My latest issue are icons, most of them are broken. Or sprites, not sure what to call them. The ones in the popups when a prisoner is doing something wrong. Also icons for items are wrong, like strange sheets of metal used for soda cans, or rolling pin icons being nothing at all. Most of them are screwed up. Or look like this.

That said as an aside I'm very grateful to the support here, you guys are extremely cool and helpful even if you can't solve my problem.

Btw Happy Thanksgiving to anybody who might celebrate it and I hope you and your families are warm and safe.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    410,8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Broken icons are typically due to sprite mods being out of date. Try going through your mod list and turn them off or unsubscribing to identify which one. You may need to verify integrity of game files after you remove the mods.

Hmm, I don't have any sprite mods though. There is one, but it has to do with emergency services and nothing to do with anything else. I'll try disable it though. Thank you either way for answering both here and on Steam, I wasn't sure I would get any help on Steam so I tried here too.

I monitor the Steam discussions, but it’s definitely easier to give assistance here. Once the mod is unsubscribed then make sure your mod folder is empty. After that verify integrity of game files on Steam. If there’s still an issue then do a clean install of the game.

If there’s still an issue then do a clean install of the game.
- uninstall PA from Steam
- unsubscribe from all mods in this game's Steam Workshop

Delete the following folders if still present:

- Steam/SteamApps/common/PA
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Introversion/Prison Architect/
(keep any valued save games, of course)
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Now install PA again and see how that goes please!

It SEEMS the issue is resolved! It should be noted I did remove a couple of mods I suspected to be an issue. Really the modding scene for the game is rather dead, so it shouldn't be a surprise if any of them were messing things up. Thank you so much for the prompt help!