• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IamWhoa

Captain
34 Badges
Oct 28, 2006
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
IamWhoa's SFX 1.1 (Updated May 16)

SFXMODBanner.jpg

Description:

This mod is an attempt to craft what will hopefully be a more pleasant sounding experience. I was originally inspired to do this by Crusader King's loud theme music, which always made me jump. Secondly, some of the sound effects (especially the catapult one) were fairly abrasive. Almost all the SFX have been tweaked or replaced in some way. These sounds were crafted from a variety of sources, including those provided by Cheezy_Monkey and Crossbowman at Age of Kings Heaven.

The additional Ambient Music Add-on punctuates the current Crusader Kings music with more ambient sounds, like middle eastern instrumentation, rain, wind, and other medieval elements. Though I tried fully replacing the music with my own, it has proven to be beyond me for lack of proper equipment. I've included at least one of my own simple recordings to see how that flies.

To install:

- Make a back up of your music and SFX folders.
- Extract the two RAR's (if you download them both) to the Crusader Kings directory. Simple as that. Though you can listen to the sounds without installing the mod, just extract to a fresh folder on your desktop or somewhere else. You can pick and choose in this way as well.

Downloads:

Download at MegaUpload:

SFX 1.1

Ambient Music Add-on

Or Download at FileFront (not currently up):

SFX v1.1

Ambient Music Add-on

Previews (Quality may be reduced in these)

War is declared -- Click here to listen!

Revised Catapult SFX -- Click here to listen!

What you will hear during the flank phase -- Click here to listen!

Leave feedback (including suggestions) here! Thank you. :D

Last edited:
Patch 1.1

Four SFX files were bigger in size than they needed to be. At least one was about 8 seconds longer than it needed to be (just silence) and similar things have been fixed.

Last edited:
Many thanks for this!

I have a strong feeling the game is running a lot smoother with these sounds. That's an illusion of course, but an interesting one. Didn't expect sounds could change the entire feel of game so much. :)

The new fanfare is the one I'm least happy with, which is kind of funny since I thought the original fanfare was the most annoying to begin with! I could change it or use a different one I made, but things seem adequate at the moment. Anyway, I'm glad it's liked much better. :)

jordiyes: If there is a sound folder within the Rome directory, then it's almost certain you can change the sounds. I don't have the game so I don't know.

Mauricio: That's interesting. I can't remember if the files are actually larger on average, but many are bigger.

Since ye olde FileFront is going down I changed these to MegaUpload (or will after this post).

Edit: And it's still there. Ok, going back to FileFront.

Last edited:
Hmm...i just reuploaded the sound and music in one 7 zip file, as it was essential to me and i want others to enjoy this mod as well.
I assume the mod is not available through the OP links as they simply havent got updated (the links). If the IamWhoa wants me take this down, please send me a PM.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reuploaded as one package locally.

Content:
IamWhoas_Deus_Vult_SFX_1.1.rar
IamWhoas_Music_Add-on.rar

DL Info: Its around 20 mb. 12 for sounds and 8 for the music part.

IF anyone has an issue with rar or 7z for whatever reason, please tell.

Attachments

• IamWhoas SFX and Music CK1 Mod.7z
    20,2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited: