• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stonewall

NRA Lifetime Member
75 Badges
May 4, 2001
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
Greetings All,

As a High Council Member with no assigned responsibility, I feel that I am not pulling my weight in this merge (granted, I technically have no weight to pull, but...). Since the area of my greatest interest (random events) is already being run (quite well might I add) by Jinnai, I would like to take responsibility for the area of my second greatest interest, the 1520 scenario. I realize that AGC does not have a 1520 scenario, and this project will have almost nothing to do with the merge, but since the main focus of the project has been on 1419, I would apprecaite the opportunity to head up the 1520 scenario and possibly have it included in one of the initial betas of the merge. While it may not make the initial release, it should certainly be a high priority for the second. Currently, I don't know who, if anyone, is in charge of this section of AGCEEP, so f I'm stepping on toes, I apologize.

Stonewall

sounds like your it
:)

LAte,
Jester

Hmm... I think it would be a very good idea if, while doing the 1520 scenario, someone compiled accurate 'history' lists for other scenarios (i.e. events between 1419-1492, 1492-1520, 1520-156?, 156?-1617, ...). There's no reason that the nice new/improved events that are being used in {insert name of project} could not be used with unmodified or barely modified standard Paradox scenarios, and once history lists are compiled these scenarios could be changed when people have the time.

As the one who was working on the various compilations of the EEP 1520 scenario, I too thought it important that we got a 1520 scenario included. However, considering the crunch on trying to get things settled for 1419, I was always going to put off the 1520 as something to be worked on later (post-beta). However, if you want to get to work on that, go on ahead. :cool: I think though, we're sort of aiming for this Sunday(?) as the date for compiling all the 1419 stuff; so it might be best to wait till then and then see what changes will be needed for the EEP scenario for it to be an extension of our 1419 setup.

yea, i dunno if theres enough time to put 1520 in if u start now. also true that 1520 has to be adjusted according to the 1419 setup.

whether u decide to do it now or later, i m in need of some help stonewall. would u like to help me? i m nearly finished merging all the stuff in my area (i will be finishing today) but i have not playtested them. since this is only beta we dont need everything to be perfect but it's still desirable to do a few playtests. since i will be really busy after this, u might like to help me do some playtests. as a corollary to that, u might also like to consider taking the responsibility of putting everything that is submitted by the respective areas together. this will be a very important and perhaps difficult task, especially with the files that are common to all areas.

EDIT: oh someone taking responsibility for the Americas should also be good. Llywelyn has opened the americas thread but he hasnt been around for a while now. we are badly in need of more tags and the predominant opinion over there is to remove most of the NA tribes.

Last edited:
Since I have been running several handsoffs with different setups in North Germany and the results there were of course greatly affected by what Denmark and Sweden were doing, I already implemented all suggestions from the Scandinavia thread that were agreed on (lowered Swedish tax and manpower, Swedish in orthodox group, Swedish AIs). So I could submit that part of Llywelyn's area (merging with AGC isn't that hard because there wasn't much done). If Stonewall could do Russia quickly, we'd have covered the gap.

@ Twoflower:

What exactly needs to be done with Russia. I am assuming by Russia you mean the smaller pre-Russian states of Muscovy, Suzdal, Novgorod, etc... Are we talking about just the events merge or setup as well? I am happy to help, just am unsure how far Llwewllyn got or if he ever left anyone a copy of his work. Please note, however, I am helping my fiance move this weekend, so if Russia is going to require more than 2 or 3 hours of work, I can't get it done by Sunday.

@ Sun Zi:

I am happy to help playtest your SE ASia setup. I'll give the same caveat I gave Twoflower, this weekend is bad because I'm helping my fiance move. I also have no knowledge of SE Asia, so anything there will be strictly bug related, since I have no historical basis to make game comparisons to.

@ Wryun:

Actually, I've already done some of this in conjunction with my Napoleonic scenario mod which I wanted to be EEP compatable. However, until the event merge is finished, I am going to hold off on further event mapping, since I'll have to go back through and document changes. (Hint Hint, please document your changes when you merge!!! :) )

@ Garbon:

I didn't know it was you who was doing 1520. Since Sun Zi and Twoflower need help with 1419, I think I'll go ahead and try and do that rather than start on 1520 immediately.

Originally posted by Stonewall
@ Twoflower:

What exactly needs to be done with Russia. I am assuming by Russia you mean the smaller pre-Russian states of Muscovy, Suzdal, Novgorod, etc... Are we talking about just the events merge or setup as well? I am happy to help, just am unsure how far Llwewllyn got or if he ever left anyone a copy of his work. Please note, however, I am helping my fiance move this weekend, so if Russia is going to require more than 2 or 3 hours of work, I can't get it done by Sunday.

I can answer this one. Supposedly Llwewllyn got everything done, but he never should it to anyone so we currently have nada. I think we're talking merging events and setup, though there might be some sort of outline in the Russian thread. Of course, I don't know how much there will be to merge with out Crook's stuff...:eek:

@ Garbon:

I didn't know it was you who was doing 1520. Since Sun Zi and Twoflower need help with 1419, I think I'll go ahead and try and do that rather than start on 1520 immediately.

I never actually stepped up onto the plate for the merger. I was only going to step in as I had been doing the work for the EEP. However, I recall you having good ideas for the 1520 that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. :D

Originally posted by Garbon
I can answer this one. Supposedly Llwewllyn got everything done, but he never should it to anyone so we currently have nada. I think we're talking merging events and setup, though there might be some sort of outline in the Russian thread. Of course, I don't know how much there will be to merge with out Crook's stuff...:eek:

I haven't looked through the "Russian" event files lately. Did Crook do a lot there? Is it all labelled? I am happy to go through Russia and start merging things. If its labelled as Crook I will take it out. If its not labelled its staying in. Can't say when it will get done, but I can try and have it done by Sunday night. Who is the compiler that I can send everything to to be included in the final package?

I never actually stepped up onto the plate for the merger. I was only going to step in as I had been doing the work for the EEP. However, I recall you having good ideas for the 1520 that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. :D

Once the initial merge has taken place I am happy to coordinate the 1520 scenario if you don't want to do it.

@ Sun Zi:

I am happy to help playtest your SE ASia setup. I'll give the same caveat I gave Twoflower, this weekend is bad because I'm helping my fiance move. I also have no knowledge of SE Asia, so anything there will be strictly bug related, since I have no historical basis to make game comparisons to.
yep, just bug related is fine. unless u see some really strange effect happening in the game. i have sent out the whole merged materials.

Originally posted by Garbon

There is no way that I could get any of Russia's stuff done by this weekend. I won't be off work till Monday.

I also don't think we should just automatically remove Crook's stuff. maybe we should inlcude it until we can get it De-Crooked. Maybe keep it in for our working copy until we get a beta to the public ?.....I posted some similar comments in the High Council discussion thread.

Late,
Jester