• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Steel Gorynych

Recruit
Mar 18, 2021
Hello, the owner of an excellent game BATTLETECH writes to you
After playing it for more than 100 hours, I came across such a module as Heatsink (D), which I wanted to get in large quantities, but did not see it so often on sale, dripping on the Internet, I came across the opinion that this module is only available on planets with tags the base of the star league of electronics and on the battlefields.

After spending time on test flights around the planets with the tags of the star league base, electronics and battlefields, I made a conclusion that this module comes across only on the star league bases (which are not advanced), in the case of electronics and battlefields, I did not find them on sale how many tried (not at the usual, not at the advanced level), which looks quite logical, since this radiator is a lost technology, but what surprised me is that on the bases of the star league in the advanced version I have never found this module on sale, since it is more logical for me it would seem to see him here more often and in large quantities for sale.

But what struck me more later was the realization that this module is not sold on the black market, it would seem a black market, a place where you can buy more than one or two advanced modules of all directions, not to mention +++ weapons and even lost technologies like a gaus , which I quite often came across on the black markets, allowing me not to fly across all the galaxies to get them and dress my team. There is EVERYTHING EXCEPT Heatsink (D) on the black market, which made me even more surprised, is that on the same black markets, ready-made unique robots with lost technologies are sold, INCLUDING these ill-fated Heatsinks (D). It got to the point that some of the players, according to them, bought robots only because of these modules, throwing the frames to the landfill. I am aware of the existence of an Evint for this module in the Flashpoint add-on, but this does not solve the problem.

I will give an example, I need a roof for the roof of a house and I want THIS roof, because it is excellent and I need it, I am going to a small building store and I’m lucky to have it there, but there’s only 2 meters of it left, without thinking too long I’m going in a large hypermakret, but it turns out that such a roof is not sold there, although in fact it should be there, and for a long time wandering around the world my searches lead me to the BLACK MARKET where I can get EVERYTHING illegal, but not THIS roof, and then I see that a whole mansion-skyscraper house is being sold on this market and there is THIS roof on the roof of this building and that it turns out that I need to buy a whole mansion-skyscraper just for the sake of THIS roof? Sounds strange or something I don't understand? Naturally, I gave an example in the framework of the game where we have all only 2 modules and the second of them is not produced.

It turns out that, having money and a place, I cannot get the necessary component, which turned out to be rather strange. Yes, you can say that it exists and you just need to fly to the bases of the star league, but it is not always sold there and it is sold there in 95% of cases in a single copy, which makes it a "farm" rather unpleasant occupation and quite boring, regardless of the fact that you spend a lot of game time, or just flying to several points.
I can assume that the number of test flights I had was not enough to get a complete picture of the appearance of the generator and get Heatsink (D) on other planets with tags, but it seems to me very low, so I rely only on my experience.

I do not know how this game was tested, whether this issue was raised on the forums, but until 20 years old I found topics on the Internet about obtaining this module and I do not know if the developers paid attention to it. In order not to create a long discussion, I see the solution to this problem quite simple. The developers already have this module in the game and the mechanism for its appearance in stores, simply adding it to the list of items on planets with tags star league (advanced) and the black market would fix this problem right away.
seemingly just Heatsink (D).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Heatsink (D), also known as Double Heatsinks or DHS in the community, are meant to be very rare. When the game was first released, there was actually no way to get more than a handful through the campaign (and maybe an event you can randomly come across). In the canon for the Battletech universe, the technology to create double heatsinks has actually been lost. They are practically irreplaceable. With further updates, access to them was expanded, but they are still rare.

If you would like for them to be more available you will need to mod the game. They are a variety of mods out there that make advanced technology like double heatsinks more common. You can also add them directly to the item collections. The files are relatively easy to work with, just requiring a text editor for many changes.

• 4Like
Reactions:
It turns out that, having money and a place, I cannot get the necessary component, which turned out to be rather strange.
It's the guys in robes. Wherever they go, things start mysteriously disappearing.

• 2Like
Reactions:
>but they are still rare
I even somehow got lost in the level of rarity after your answer, I would like someone to help me how rare it looks here
11.jpg

and here
20210319164211_1.jpg

but here it is even strange for me to imagine how much rarity this image can get
20210319164620_1.jpg

sarcasm is funny, but the situation is scary
and as for his appearance in the game, it would be better if he remained the implementation of it only exclusively in events, so that receiving it would cause more positive emulations, and not this lame implementation of the farm.
well, yes, if I want mods, I will definitely buy myself Skyrim
I don't know if it's worth writing here, if the people responsible for this product can hear it

It's the guys in robes. Wherever they go, things start mysteriously disappearing.
I want to order a couple of things from these guys with the prefix (D), it's a pity that there is no such event

I want to order a couple of things from these guys with the prefix (D), it's a pity that there is no such event
The Headhunting FP gives you the option of either salvaging a Gauss Rifle or Pulse Lasers, the last option also gives you 4 Heatsink (D)s.

Last edited:
DHS cannot appear in the Black Market as a single unit, but it is very easy to buy a Griffin-2N with parts and get many of them but very little money. In Star League planets they can show, and I'm not sure about their precise rarity but I am about their rarity relative to other items. They're as rare as stock lostech weapons like Gauss, ERPPCs and so on.

You can search in the itemcollection game subfolder using an advanced text editor (for the multiple tabs), so you open all of the files at once and then perform a global search for the specific item. You also can look at this file:

• 3Like
Reactions:
I even somehow got lost in the level of rarity after your answer, I would like someone to help me how rare it looks.
As for his appearance in the game, it would be better if he remained the implementation of it only exclusively in events, so that receiving it would cause more positive emulations, and not this lame implementation of the farm.

I have been playing Battletech for almost 30 years, way before the online version was conceived. In 3025 a shady organization called COMSTAR controls interstellar communications. At that time in history they have been making advanced technology, and scientists, disappear for a very long time. Most advanced Star League era weapons are indeed very rare, almost priceless.
Since Double Heatsinks (Heatsinks D) solve hundreds of engineering problems they are highly prized. I don't know what else to add. The entire Battletechstory, from the very first books and rules printed in the 1980s have been based on a Universe of declining technology. The 3025 start of the timeline is important because that is the time when the Lost Technology (Lostech) begins to be rediscovered and reinvented.

One way to look at it is Double Heat Sinks and Extended Range Weapons and the other lost technology are the "magic items" of our Science Fiction Universe.