• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Welcome to the forums DJNeutrino.

It has been a long time since I played Two Thrones but I'll try to be of some assistance.

A big part of Two Thrones involves upgrading buildings in your various provinces to a higher level. The levels of your buildings affect troop recruitment time, the type of units that you can recruit, and your income. You also are rewarded Victory Points for your building upgrades, which determine who is the winner when the game ends. Upgrades often have pre-requirements. For example, to upgrade a castle to level 5 you need a level 5 church already in the province.

To build a sizable army you usually muster troops in all of your provinces and then march the individual units to a province of your choice to concentrate the army. When building an army I try to go for a mix of the various unit types.

To attack a neighboring country you need to declare war first. When you march troops into an enemy province and defeat any troops there, you will seize the province if there is no castle. If the enemy has a castle in the province, then a seige will occur and you will have to wait a bit to take control of the province.

You also have some diplomatic options to better your relationship with other nations. Often it is a good idea to secure an alliance with a few nations so that you are not at war with everyone at once.

The nation that you play will have an impact on the difficuly of your game. For your first game I would pick a nation that starts with a large force of knights in their army.