I think I got the maximum amount of siege ability possible

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BadAssMilkDaddy

Corporal
46 Badges
Mar 24, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
Hey guys, I'm sure someone's made a post like this before, but while playing the Ottomans today I managed to get the maximum amount of siege ability possible (I think) and I was just feeling proud of myself lol. Getting to max professionalism before the age of reformation took away my Guns of Urban was the only tricky part but I got there. For those of you who've never seen what this looks like, imagine if the siege progress bar tried to simulate machine gun fire. It's pretty fun, and it's honestly the strongest I've ever felt on the Ottobros. The only sucky part was having to wait a few years to fill out an entire admin group first but afterwards you can get +3 advisors easily and start snowballing monarch points. I also noticed that Innovative seemed to give me a lot of discounted advisor events, so there were periods where I was running +5 advisors only 40ish years into the game. But yeah, it was a lot of fun and I figured I'd just drop this here haha.

Attachments

• 20220801212344_1.jpg
    20220801212344_1.jpg
    636,1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
*Laughs in Utrecht*

20% offensive
10% espionage
20% divine espionage
20% army professionalism
10% utrecht ideas
5% army tradition
10% innovative offensive

20% spy network (only against large countries)

In all seriousness though this requires 4 idea groups, and is only later in the game.
You can get to 3 day siege phases, at which point you just dont need artillery or siege generals anymore. Siege will be so fast you can 'base trade' against the AI and win every war without a single battle.

Reactions:
*Laughs in Utrecht*

20% offensive
10% espionage
20% divine espionage
20% army professionalism
10% utrecht ideas
5% army tradition
10% innovative offensive

In all seriousness though this requires 4 idea groups, and is only later in the game.
You can get to 3 day siege phases, at which point you just dont need artillery or siege generals anymore. Siege will be so fast you can 'base trade' against the AI and win every war without a single battle.
That's essentially what I was doing, just rushing the enemies forts with reckless abandon. I managed to siege all 10 of Poland/Lithuania's forts in just under a year. The short wars and lack of actual combat made manpower a non-issue all game and so I was essentially at war non-stop with anyone for any reason.

That's essentially what I was doing, just rushing the enemies forts with reckless abandon. I managed to siege all 10 of Poland/Lithuania's forts in just under a year. The short wars and lack of actual combat made manpower a non-issue all game and so I was essentially at war non-stop with anyone for any reason.
The key difference is with ottomans it only works during age of exploration. With theocracies and utrecht in particular it works for the entire game, but takes longer to get going.

Especially in the HRE there are a lot of small nations that can be repeatedly farmed for cash. When I did this strat the most limiting factor was not manpower, money or points, but rather the speed at which I could click and make peace deals.

• 1Like
Reactions:
When I did this strat the most limiting factor was not manpower, money or points, but rather the speed at which I could click and make peace deals.
Not limited by manpower? With siege ticks that fast I'd expect disease outbreaks to take quite a toll on your troops, especially if (as you seem to be) you're playing a small nation.

*Laughs in Utrecht*

20% offensive
10% espionage
20% divine espionage
20% army professionalism
10% utrecht ideas
5% army tradition
10% innovative offensive

What about the merchant policies, it adds 10% too. :D

Reactions: