• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(290420)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 23, 2011
  • Majesty 2
So it appears your game is pretty broken. I suggest you not only monitor these forums but atleast periodically check into the steam forums for your games as well...

There are quiet a few complaints going on... including for myself. The game simply does not work.

There is a work-around that some other player found to atleast launch the game - but once you are there you can't play multiplayer (version mismatch errors).

Secondly, perhaps this it out of my ignorance of the menu options... but I do not believe Battles of Ardania expansion is loading (only King Maker and the base game).

I strongly encourage you to atleast to do some public relations (damage control)... oh and if you can make the game work that I payed for that would be great too.

See my post here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...he-Community-Manager-23-March-2011&p=12214143 regarding the multiplayer issue.

About Battles of Ardania, you don't get this option when you start Majesty 2? Not with all the options at least?
maj.png

Last edited:
Nope I don't see Battles. Only M2 and King Maker. To even get M2 and King Maker to pop-up I followed a solution another player came up with on the steam forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1282315

I give you (and Paradox) a round of applause on your refund clause. Yet, I would still suggest a little more public relations & damage control be done to continue to help relieve the frustration that many of the users have felt. All-in-all Paradox has published some good games and helped to put the indie developer on the map. I can't imagine the support structure the developers (or perhaps Paradox) has for M2 - there is a reason for everything... perhaps funding or developer resources?

How likely is it that fixing M2 could be contracted out or even take on volunteer help? I for one would love to lend a hand in trouble-shooting the networking issues. I'm sure there are plenty of M2 players that are professional developers such as myself who would love to see the game pick back up... for one... if the M2 does so poorly in sales the likely hood of M3 happening is greatly hindered.

I have to admit, this refund clause his making me reconsider Paradox. I had officially stopped buying your games since Majesty 2, especially since I preordered it on Steam and none of the expansion fixed the problems in it (I bought the first one hoping...). Depending on whether you plan on making one last effort to recover the game or not, I'll use that refund clause or not. However, as soon as the game works properly or that I have my money back, I'll start looking back at your games anew. Don't know about Ino-co though. They let the ball drop bit times on this one.

Yes - if I view the DLC I have for the game - it shows up along with King Maker.

Since this works for me on Steam, the problem is not that the program does not work at all. There must be some sort of compatibility issue.
Where do you have steam installed? Is it on C: with windows?

I was going to make my own thread on this but since this is here already i'll chime in with what I believe are necessary stuff they need to patch for Collection. Maybe we can start an official thread an organize it better. But anyway:

I think the way DLC/Expansions are handled is unacceptable with the online check. By buying Collection we purchased everything. We should not have to connect to the internet anymore to get permission to play the game an its DLC. I often played Majesty 2 when my internet was out. But I can't really do that with this because of the obnoxious black screens that pop up searching for internet connection. An being locked out of content I have bought kills my desire to play entirely. Patch the shop out please.

Secondly I don't think that 4 option menu should even appear. The game should launch off one EXE. One version. An then you pick which campaign to play from the single player tab. This would simplify things if Multiplayer is fixed. Since anyone that owns Collection can play with anyone else just by going to Multiplayer. 4 different versions is overly complicated for a game with a small population.

Sifer2, I just want to say that I agree with both your points. It is too late to change how Majesty 2 works in that regard, but I think we have learned from this game and will aim not repeat those mistakes in the future. We do want to make gaming enjoyable and easy for players, which is why we seldom use DRM or activation at all, Majesty was an exception. The four option menu is also overly complicated, yes.