• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hostpital

Recruit
19 Badges
Jul 28, 2021
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
I subscribed to and downloaded the Crusader Kings 2 expansion pack from Steam, but I can't play the game because the launcher didn't run. But other Paradox games work well. What should I do?

I am a Korean user, so the translation of the translator may not be perfect.

CK2 does not use the general Paradox launcher that the newer games do, it comes with its own. Is that what you are saying is not starting?

Did the game work before you subscribed?

When I used the extension pack subscription a few weeks ago, the game went well. However, my subscription expired and I deleted the game, but I bought the subscription again a few days ago and downloaded the game again, and the launcher won't run

Exit the Steam app entirely then run ck2game.exe directly from File Explorer. What happens then, do you see any Windows error?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/settings.txt
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

Reactions:
Exit the Steam app entirely then run ck2game.exe directly from File Explorer. What happens then, do you see any Windows error?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/settings.txt
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .
Thank you. It's working now. You are a genius. I'm sorry to bother you for a few days, but I'm so happy.