• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out this one line from the website:

"Saved games from Crusader Kings can be converted into the format of EU 2!"

If you'll excuse me, I have to go change my underwear now :D

Cheers,
Paul Drye

Oh. My. God.

Not only do they give me a Crusades era game, which was my one true wish, but they make saved games portable to EU2. I don't have words, I don't even have gestures......

Thank you Paradox, you're the best PC gaming company that has ever been. Suddenly the entire nation of Sweden has a special place in my heart....

You guys rule :D

Doomark and Greven on Saved Games:

"The save game conversion is indeed a complex undertaking. Obviously players will not get the exact same situation in EU 2 that they ended up with in CK. The world outside Europe will not be affected by CK save games. Piety and Prestige will be converted into diplomatic relations with the other European countries, and possibly give some initial victory points or even “bad boy” rating as the case may be. Crusader states (and independent Duchies, Counties and Bishoprics) will be transferred as intact as possible, which means that we may have to add some new possible nations to EU 2 (the save game conversion tool could do this automatically, but it has not been decided yet). Feudal ties will not translate into EU 2, except if a rather independent (disloyal) Duchy from CK exists as a country in EU 2, in which case it might become an autonomous vassal (like Brittany and Burgundy in the normal EU 2 Grand Campaign.) Province ownership is a bit tricky due to the different size and borders, and will inevitably result in some inconsistencies, but with a good set of conversion rules it should be doable."

http://www.strategy-gaming.com/features/crusader_kings/interview1.shtml

This is wonderful....I really can't wait for this game. Oh I'm so happy :D

I cannot wait to sink my teeth into this one. This is, without a doubt, the best news...

I'm extremely happy to see that you guys are working so hard to fufil the requests of us gamers. I recently went off to Australia for 3 months after only having EU2 for a couple of weeks, I can tell you that those were a tough 3 months :) When I got home it was the first (and only one since then) game I played. Now news of CK and the WW2 based one, well gee, mind as well just decide now to quit going to school and work :)

Yeah, I think you'll see a TOTALLY DIFFERENT world, not like now I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.