• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ComplexIvano

Second Lieutenant
89 Badges
Aug 11, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I like Rts and startegic game in general, and now i would buy SOTS 2, but the game is worth the money or not?

Well, since sots 2 is not a RTS (real time strategy), I'm going to have to go with a "no" here (since you stated you liked RTS). This is a TURN BASED STRATEGY (TBS) game. Is the game good if you like TBS? Yes! Has it been fixed and is mostly bug free since release? Yes! Is it worth the money? Well, if you don't like TBS, I doubt you will find value in a game you don't like. However, if you do like turn based games, than yes... SotS 2 is most excellent.

SotS II has turn-based strategic gameplay and then real time tactical combat between turns.

Frequently described as 'Total War, in space'.

I'd describe it as 75/25 strategic/tactical.

Well, since sots 2 is not a RTS (real time strategy), I'm going to have to go with a "no" here (since you stated you liked RTS). This is a TURN BASED STRATEGY (TBS) game. Is the game good if you like TBS? Yes! Has it been fixed and is mostly bug free since release? Yes! Is it worth the money? Well, if you don't like TBS, I doubt you will find value in a game you don't like. However, if you do like turn based games, than yes... SotS 2 is most excellent.
The game sucks, is bugged, the diplomacy is a joke, alot of stuff doesn´t work, the AI hardly knows what the meaninig of attack is. the end of turn period is endless. and no more patches are planned.
don´t know what game you´ve been playing but personally I feel scammed.

The game sucks, is bugged, the diplomacy is a joke, alot of stuff doesn´t work, the AI hardly knows what the meaninig of attack is. the end of turn period is endless. and no more patches are planned.
don´t know what game you´ve been playing but personally I feel scammed.

The game is awesome, the diplomacy could use some work, a few things doesn't work, but almost all things does work, the AI works fine, end of turn periods can take a little while after playing for 2-300 turns (but are fast otherwise, unless you play on an ancient computer), and they are still patching the game.

Get it cheap, 'cause you may not like it. That said, I really enjoy SOTS and SOTS II. Neither is perfect, but both are fun. With SOTS II it helps though to neither play nor run the Loa. They were fixing Loa play when the moratorium on patching happened. Afaik, Loa will not expand well and sloooooooow the gaaaaaaaame turntimes. Srsly, don't include Loa.

Ok i will take it when it will be on sale

The game is awesome, the diplomacy could use some work, a few things doesn't work, but almost all things does work, the AI works fine, end of turn periods can take a little while after playing for 2-300 turns (but are fast otherwise, unless you play on an ancient computer), and they are still patching the game.
Still patching the game? Really?

Last patch was November 2013 ... that was the last update via steam too, Kerberos said buy the Pit(indie title) which came out in Feb 2013 so they could patch SoTS2 with the funds from it they release 5 patches in 9 months then stopped.

Now they(Kerberos) refuse to add the missing features and fix the remaining bugs.

Sighting that their publisher takes 70% of all profits from game sales of SoTS2 and the vendor(example steam) take the other 30% so they don't see why they should fix the game or add the missing features that were promised.

The game is missing the map generation tools and all the scenarios, some features of techs don't function and there are some really bad UI hangs at turn times later in the game the AI is lacking for example the Loa can't expanded and they cause the game turn times to hang if used by the player or the AI.

They have also sighted that there have been IP issues with this title and that Paradox wont let them patch it or make any further updates/content for it. I've read Paradox have stated they will neither support Kerberos(financially) nor stop them finishing this title and that is about the state of things.

The game is basically a single player sand box with limited maps to use and some settings that don't really make the game much more different each time how many planets you give the AI at the start is about the only setting that matters, the MP can be very buggy and crashes often. I would know i have 1000+ hours logged in this title and a lot of that was sending in bug reports and crash logs to try to help improve the game.

If you are happy with the sand box game with missing techs/content that doesn't work like diplomacy by all means get it but be aware that if you ask for tech support on kerberos boards you'll likely be told its your hardware/software that is the problem.