I really hope existing events will be fixed in T&T

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MAju

Second Lieutenant
33 Badges
Dec 8, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Paradox said that they wanted to reinforce the connection between character and map in the dev diary.

So does it mean that they will revise bizarre events with teleporting characters?

For example, when I play a count of Berlin, a 6 year old daughter of a random count in Italy is bullying my 15 year old son and my rival in Spain can freely trespass in my study to pour ink on my Polish textbook. Will the patch with T&T solve such problems?

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
They can't be revising every base game event that uses teleportation, and most of them do because their insistence on events being between characters.

It's weird that I can teleport to anywhere in diplo range to seduce someones wife but I'm not sure they can undo that everywhere without years worth of rewriting how many events work.

Reactions:
They can't be revising every base game event that uses teleportation, and most of them do because their insistence on events being between characters.

It's weird that I can teleport to anywhere in diplo range to seduce someones wife but I'm not sure they can undo that everywhere without years worth of rewriting how many events work.
We can dare to dream...

Reactions:
Paradox said that they wanted to reinforce the connection between character and map in the dev diary.

So does it mean that they will revise bizarre events with teleporting characters?

For example, when I play a count of Berlin, a 6 year old daughter of a random count in Italy is bullying my 15 year old son and my rival in Spain can freely trespass in my study to pour ink on my Polish textbook. Will the patch with T&T solve such problems?

The devs were kind of coy about changes to intrigue. Also the image teaser was found to be Emperor Constans II who was assasinated at a feast. I am thinking that intrigue may be reworked to allow for travel.

I certainly hope so, the rival stuff is the worst for this. The childhood event stuff probably happens at a peer meet-up so while I will expect it to be integrated with travel it still won't be odd for your children to meet and be bullied by the random kids that come to your court for those meet-ups.

We can dare to dream...
I would if they had an extra year of dev time.

They're trying to crank this thing out faster than they did royal court though and considering how many events there are I just don't think there's enough time to do all that.

I mean that's how it should be ideally, at least over time. But not sure if it can be delivered to that degree by the DLC release date and I'm not holding my breath, though I am wishing too.

I think it's more likely the events around the stuff in the DLC will all be grounded in locations and maybe a few prominent ones. But all the older basic non DLC content will be outside of the scope for now.

Let's give em heck in the suggestion forums after the DLC releases to make all the events correctly take into account location. Even if that just means changing it to mail correspondence rather than in person.

Though I will note one dev has mentioned it's very unlikley we'll see any events fully removed from the game in the silly events thread, only reworked. So expect that not everything will be dealt with. Even silly things like warping rivals catapulting your war cat during your distant crusade siege.