I:R - Maximum Population Capacity in province of Latium (Rome area) drops for each territory right around the year of 13 Oct 588 (166 BCE)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mar 7, 2021
Description of problem
Maximum Population Capacity in province of Latium (Rome area) drops for each territory right around the year of 13 Oct 588 (166 BCE)

What game version are you running?
Patch 2.0.1

What platform are you playing on?
Steam

Please select any/all DLC you have enabled.
Hellenistic world flavor pack, Epirus flavor pack, Magna Graecia Content Pack, Epirus Content Pack

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The population capacity of Rome (territory) in Latium changed from around 140 max to 31 max in right before 13 Oct 588 (166 BCE); every other territory of the province had its max capacity decrease abruptly too. I only noticed because I got an ingame message that the province was losing food and near starvation. This happened in a different game (campaign) on the same Patch 2.0.1 where I was playing as Rome on Hard Difficulty on Ironman Mode: this current game is on 2.0.1 Rome Very Hard on Ironman Mode. I am using no mods at all. I have all of the current DLC. I did not have Heirs of Alexander when this happened the first time: I do not think it has to do with Heirs of Alexander-maybe. Every territory of the province of Latium had its max capacity decrease by a relatively large amount. The game has been very fun; however, this population capacity error has happened a 2nd time while playing as Rome. It may have to do with how much population is allowed in an entire province overall, but I am not sure. It may be an error around the date, but I am very unsure. The total population amount for the province was 440 at the time it was noticed. This should not have to do with government type: the first time it happened Rome was Republic-the 2nd time it was the Roman Empire. Thank you for considering the issue: it almost ruins the whole playthrough when this error happens.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1) Play as Rome 2) Maybe around the year of 13 Oct 588 (166 BCE) it occurs again. 3) Or, have population of Rome (metropolis) territory reach over 145 4) Alternatively, have the province's total population reach around 440.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Reactions:
Upvote 0
The is working as designed and triggered by the beginning starvation because of running out of food. Reason is that reduced pop capacity leads technically to overpopulation, which adds a modifier in the game to make emigration out of the affected territories faster. This is actually helpful and beneficial, because it will avoid in most cases that pops die - instead they will just flee from hunger.

To avoid that scenario do everything to avoid starving provinces.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The is working as designed and triggered by the beginning starvation because of running out of food. Reason is that reduced pop capacity leads technically to overpopulation, which adds a modifier in the game to make emigration out of the affected territories faster. This is actually helpful and beneficial, because it will avoid in most cases that pops die - instead they will just flee from hunger.

To avoid that scenario do everything to avoid starving provinces.
Hey Herennius! You are absolutely correct. When a province starts starving, the maximum population capacity shrinks due to, from what I have noticed, a 75% penalty modifier: I went back and made some changes to the province of Latium and was able to correct the issue. Thanks for correcting my noob mistake. :D

• 1Like
Reactions: