I:R - Egyptian mission tree "The Eastern Border" aborting without warning or notification

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wafflecopper

Corporal
1 Badges
Dec 27, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
Description of problem
Egyptian mission tree "The Eastern Border" aborting without warning or notification

What game version are you running?

What platform are you playing on?
Steam

Please select any/all DLC you have enabled.
Hellenistic world flavor pack, Epirus flavor pack, Magna Graecia Content Pack, Epirus Content Pack

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Twice during my current campaign as Egypt I've started the mission tree "The Eastern Border" only to notice after completing a few of the missions that the tree is no longer active or available. After it disappeared the first time I was able to pick it some years later after finishing another tree, which to me suggests that the mission is aborting as if I'd hit the abort button, only I never did. Both times I'd already conquered most or all of the area the mission focuses on so that may be somehow causing the issue but that's just a guess. Attached save game is from just after I noticed the tree had aborted the second time.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
I don't know, fire up an Egypt game and do the tree, see if it happens? Both times it seemed to happen not long after completing the mission that releases Sidon as a tributary but that could just be a coincidence.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 450.10.1 - Egypt.rome
    15,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Can confirm I'm having the same issue as of 28/04, also version 2.03. Quite an annoyance, because not only can you not complete the tree, the tree itself is a prerequisite for the final Diadochi mission tree. Kinda annoying because it means Egypt misses out on half it's DLC content.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can also confirm I get the same problem. Are we seriously not gonna receive a patch for this or any innumerable number of issues until 2022?

Edit: if you use debug mode to unironman your game (check the console commands page of the imperator rome wiki), you can edit the save and manually put in the mission modifiers in. You can find the location of your mission modifiers in the save game by searching “egypt_mission”. The .txt file of the Eastern Border missions is named 02_egypt_mission_4_border.txt in the imperatorRome/game/common/missions folder.

I really like this game and I hate having to do this. Paradox, please don’t leave us out in the cold.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Can also confirm I get the same problem. Are we seriously not gonna receive a patch for this or any innumerable number of issues until 2022?

Edit: if you use debug mode to unironman your game (check the console commands page of the imperator rome wiki), you can edit the save and manually put in the mission modifiers in. You can find the location of your mission modifiers in the save game by searching “egypt_mission”. The .txt file of the Eastern Border missions is named 02_egypt_mission_4_border.txt in the imperatorRome/game/common/missions folder.

I really like this game and I hate having to do this. Paradox, please don’t leave us out in the cold.
They could have at least left a single person to check the bug reports and compile them together for future fixing.
The fact that they didn't suggests to me that we may never get an update to Imperator in the future.
Imagine re-assigning developers to work on things like HoI4 and Stellaris instead. Those games surely don't have enough work put into them over the years and really need more DLC and bugs. Completely disgusting and insulting to everyone who bought this game IMO.