• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had one report that 1.5.1 fixed their crash on a Mac - you folks are all still seeing that? Same crash as under 1.4.x amd 1.5 ?
Personnaly it’s look very very similar if what I encounter with 14.x :
-few ingame years
-then crash, bach to desktop with a report message
-when I check war.log and game.log, the last event is about rebellion and the terretory taken.

so, yes I do.

should I send you other files to check?
Thanks trying helping us with that !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are you still seeing random crashes on Macs in new campaigns started under 1.5 ?
Yes. I’m playing as Rome and I‘ve declared war on the Etruscan Revolt. After I’ve called my allies into the war and ordered my troop to teritories, I unpause and the game crashes. I’m updating my iMac to see if that helps.

I've just put in a ticket w/ all the crash reports and saved games. And I've rolled back to 1.5 and see how that goes. If the crashing keeps up, I guess I'll go figure out how to play EUIV again.

After rolling back to 1.5.0, the game just wants to crash. 2 crashes w/in an hour. I guess it's back to Stellaris.

Last edited:
It's rather unacceptable that a game presents such a major flaw making players unable to play the game correctly. Can we get any guarantee this will be fixed any time soon? It was told to us before 1.5 that we had to wait until Menander would release. This patch is here now and nothing has changed... I'm definitely not waiting until 1.6 and hope for the best. That's simply not how you deal with this sort of stuff from a customer service point of view.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It's a shame cause the amount of time I got to play, Menander looked really good. Quality upgrade. Cept for the part where the game won't play.

Yeah, I got to June 461, and up until then it looked good. I was liking the new republic mechanics. It's true, that Mac users have the ability to use bootcamp, and install windows. But I don't see why I should buy an expensive Windows licence to play a single game that's been released on, and subsequently supposed to be supported on Mac OS.

The slowness of support here makes me anxious for the future, and Apple's chip change. Even if Paradox commit to ports, they'll probably take forever. :-(

Reactions:
The real question that could solve a lot of problems, time and (our) money is :

Is this game really and fully compatible with Mac OS as for Windows?

that‘s all !!
... a bit tired to pay for being a free beta-tester...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I got to June 461, and up until then it looked good. I was liking the new republic mechanics. It's true, that Mac users have the ability to use bootcamp, and install windows. But I don't see why I should buy an expensive Windows licence to play a single game that's been released on, and subsequently supposed to be supported on Mac OS.

The slowness of support here makes me anxious for the future, and Apple's chip change. Even if Paradox commit to ports, they'll probably take forever. :-(
Yeah. Agreed re: buying a copy of Windows. I have a Dell laptop that is unusable cause Win10 is such a dog, UI nightmare, not to mention all the bloatware the Microsoft store installed on it. BUT... I have noticed a number of games I'd be interested in playing but are Win only. So, I don't friggin know.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am sorry for the ongoing issues here.

I've logged two bug reports against I:R on Mac in the last 2 days, as they were apparently different crashes. In both cases the affected save worked fine on Windows.

Anyone affected is welcome to attach here a save file, and a zipped-up 'crashes" folder from documents/paradox/imperator/ , so I can see if it's the same as one of those or yet another crash cause. Or you can lodge tickets at paradox.zendesk.com with the same info, either is fine.

SUL-11997
Hi AndrewT, here is what I can offer.
Thank you very much! That seems to be a quite different crash stack than the two bugs I've logged already, so I've made a new bug report for it and attached your save and crash logs to it.

Sorry for that problem!

Crash on July 15th 462. Every Time. Catalina and 1.5.1
Any ideas?
That one does look like one of the three bugs I've logged on the game on Mac now. So hopefully it too will be fixed next patch!

Sorry for that problem.

Hello AndrewT,

I am also attaching the crash report.
Since the game reaches 461 the game starts crashing. Usually it happens at territory events, such as sieges commence or finish.
The game crashes to desktop. Same happened with 1.4.2, 1.5.1 and now 1.5.2
I would appreciate if you could look into the reasons behind as the game is not playable this way.

The game is great after the 1.5 update, I really like the play and the flow.

Thank you.

BR,

Csaba

Attachments

• autosave.rome
    69,5 MB · Views: 0
  • imperator_20200820_091807.zip
    36,6 KB · Views: 0
Hello AndrewT,

I am also attaching the crash report.
Since the game reaches 461 the game starts crashing. Usually it happens at territory events, such as sieges commence or finish.
The game crashes to desktop. Same happened with 1.4.2, 1.5.1 and now 1.5.2
I would appreciate if you could look into the reasons behind as the game is not playable this way.

The game is great after the 1.5 update, I really like the play and the flow.

Thank you.

BR,

Csaba
That is one of the crashes I've logged a bug report on, so it looks like I have them all now.

thanks for that!