I put together a Manual (280 pages) for Imperator: Rome with the Information of all the Dev Diaries

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SirPenetrator

Second Lieutenant
38 Badges
Apr 20, 2019
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hello everybody,

here and there I came across people who were asking if there was or will be a Manual for the game. Most people either said no or just pointed to the Dev Diaries on the Forum.

So I thought I'd put together a whole Manual with the Information of all the Dev Diaries from this page:
https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Developer_diaries

Having two Coffees and King of Queens to keep me entertained I started piecing together all the Diaries in one .pdf file.

What I did:
I mainly copied all of the Dev Diaries and edited them a little bit here and there to increase readability and format the stuff a little bit. Sometimes some pages seem to end in the middle; I did that so the continuation of some topics is better than just being cut off.

Every time a Dev put a link into a Diary linking to an older Dev Diary I replaced that link with a link in the Manual itself so you can "jump around" in the .pdf itself and don't have to open a Browser.
The Manual has a 'table of contents'. You can either directly search, as you would, the .pdf with Ctrl + F or take a look at the table of contents to find your topic.

Sometimes there were some code lines in the Diaries for Modding/Scripting purposes - if the Code itself was too long I just put a direct link to the dev diary. There are only 2 parts where you would've to open the browser because the Code was too long.

All the pictures are the original ones from the Forums/Dev Diaries and I didn't compress them so they are readable (99% of them), that's also why the .pdf is 40.2Mb big.

I also "designed" a little cover for the Manual in Photoshop. Really basic.

How long did it take me to put this all together?
almost 9 hours, way longer than I anticipated. But I went through the text a lot and sometimes "reorganized" and formatted the text a bit differently.
For example, I mostly deleted the "Hi Everyone, welcome back to another Dev Diary" text. If it was necessary to keep them in I kept them.

Notes:
I also always put a screenshot (of the Avatar and Username) of the Author of the Dev Diary itself on the left side at the start of every Topic/Chapter so you know directly who wrote it. If multiple Devs were writing one article or also contributed to it I also put their screenshot on the left side.

Screenshots of the Manual:
Cover, Table of Contents, First Page
vpoItvW.png

Overview of 4 pages of the Manual
8QDLiha.png

Example of code that wasn't too long to include in the Manual
yP96MnK.png

Example of how I included the Authors of each Topic/Chapter with a screenshot of their Avatar & Profile
I2v8fVr.png

Link to the .pdf on docdroid.net (where you can view it online in your browser):

https://docdro.id/OqXpw5x - NEW (V.2.1.3)

• Made minor changes to Chapter 'Trade System' as provided and pointed out by User /u/Agamidae [Reddit]:"Hey, I noticed another change. The Trade System dev diary said you get +1 trade good for every 30 population, but now it's for every 15 slaves. (page 14 in your manual)" - Thank you for pointing this out

https://docdro.id/emJhiUY - NEW (V.2.1.2)

https://docdro.id/Xd4m6pc - NEW (V.2.1.1)

• Rework of the Cover
  • added and made a Ribbon with the quote "Veni, Vidi, Vici", I think it fits perfectly to the game (even though the time period isn't right)
I replaced the preview pictures so you can see the changes and decide for yourself if you want to download the Manual

https://docdro.id/bJF736C - NEW (V.2.1)

https://docdro.id/jl8ZaqA - NEW (V.2.0.1)

• [Read the changes first, it's probably not necessary for you to download it. I only added 2 more Authors and improved some readability in the 'Script & Modding' Section]

https://docdro.id/Cg8WrYF - NEW (V.2)

https://docdro.id/UtEJqX0 - OLD

Or you can just download it directly from here. I attached it to this post.

VirusTotal Scan Information (for the more cautious ones of you):
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/1...ca1840d30cfc0871f66c8833085b962c88d/detection
SHA-256: 17bfb01a9e3d5b473e76a60aaf100ca1840d30cfc0871f66c8833085b962c88d
File name: Imperator Rome Manual.pdf
File size: 40.23 MB
Last analysis: 2019-04-21 03:32:58 UTC

Info about the .pdf:
File Type: .pdf
Size: 146 Mb (latest Version)
Pages: 294 (latest Version)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some kind comments of Users that came across my Manual which motivate me to keep the "Manual" as up-to-date as possible. I know though that I alone can't really probably keep up-to-date with everything once the Game releases since I don't have unlimited time and will play myself etc and private stuff. But I'll do what I can do :)
86skMUV.png

DoOwv7s.png
4m4Xt8B.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope the Manual will be of help to anyone of you who might want to have it open on their second monitor or even iPad and be able to search it when they want to read up on something! Or even you just wanna read all the Diaries while being on the train or whatever. :)

I obviously don't hold any right to any of the information, pictures or text and codes. They were all generously provided by Paradox and belong to them.
I only used one brush (Photoshop) for the cover of the Manual which doesn't belong to Paradox. (used the brush for the stitches)

I appreciate any kind of feedback and critique!
I can also provide the original word file if needed for whatever reason.

Thank you & Kind Regards,

M. / SirPenetrator

Attachments

• Imperator Rome Manual_V.2.1.pdf
    144,4 MB · Views: 154
  • Imperator Rome Manual_V2.1.1_CoverRework_AddedRibbon.pdf
    145,4 MB · Views: 38
  • Imperator Rome Manual_V2.1.2_TableofContentsRework.pdf
    145,8 MB · Views: 39
  • Imperator Rome Manual_V2.1.3_minor_Changes_in_Chapter_TradeSystem.pdf
    146,2 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
  • 12Love
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Did you account for changes in mechanics presented in earlier dev diaries from later ones? Like the changes to the tactics? Or first time in the manual it is mentioned the old version of it, and in later part change is mentioned?

Reactions:
Did you account for changes in mechanics presented in earlier dev diaries from later ones? Like the changes to the tactics? Or first time in the manual it is mentioned the old version of it, and in later part change is mentioned?

Hey!
Thanks a lot for your message! No, I actually didn't. Dammit.
I'll put it on top of my post that the old and new (changes) are in the Manual.
I'll try to either place a link in the document (old state) and link it to the changes (new), so if you would read it you can instantly jump to the changes being done.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out. I actually was thinking about that but forgot about it when I continued with importing everything.

Sorry!

Update:

I'm going to make a separate Chapter called "Changes" where I will link to the corresponding Dev Diary Chapters where they have announced the changes. That way if you start viewing/reading the Manual from the top you'll instantly have the first Chapter where I'll link directly to the changes that were made so you are able to jump right to them and read/access them.

That way you won't start reading the old mechanics. You can instantly jump the chapters with the changes.

Last edited:
Even without having made changes to mechanics based on later dev diaries, this is some real dedication and must have taken ages.
I am actually impressed.

Reactions:
Wow this is amazing I thought I was excited for the game lol. Thank you man I'm going to totally print this out. This is seriously awesome.

I salute you good sir! Bonus labor!

Thank you guys, I really hope it'll help you once the game releases. I'm rather confident it'll help me since I have no real "proper" experience in these kinda games. So searching for stuff and reading up on it will be very convenient.

Wow this is amazing I thought I was excited for the game lol. Thank you man I'm going to totally print this out. This is seriously awesome.
I salute you good sir! Bonus labor!
Thank you, makes me happy to know people are even going to print it out :)

I also made a Reddit Post, some of you may have already seen it, and I'm mainly going to update the Reddit post first and then this post here. So don't be confused if the new document isn't online here at the same time as Reddit.
If I'm going to update the document I'll directly upload it to this forum and delete every older version.

But you can still get access, if you want, to the older version - I'll leave the links of Docdroid online.

This is absolutely wonderful.

@SirPenetrator not bad, very dedicated. did you take europa universalis: rome into account? imperator: rome is approx. 95 % a clone of europa universalis: rome, with better graphics and a few additions, but it plays the same and you can even adapt the same tricks as in the old game. but i will give your manual a shot this night. quite impressive, really.