• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

arandomuser

Private
Jan 6, 2019
I'm in quite the pitch here as they have conquered the entirety of Persia and everything up to Jerusalem, and then north all the way to Volga.
Now my biggest problem with the Mongols is attrition. When I send out an army of say 10 000 men I can easily defeat a worn out Mongol army of 100 000 because of their attrition and my martial attribute, but the problem comes after I beat them. You have their humongous number of 100 000 + my 10 000 on a province that can support 8 000 men at best... sufficient to say, as the Mongols are retreating, my men stock up an attrition rating of 80-90 and instantly their numbers fall down to 60-90 or they just flat out disappear. Makes it literally impossible to defeat them. How do I deal with this?

I'm in quite the pitch here as they have conquered the entirety of Persia and everything up to Jerusalem, and then north all the way to Volga.
Now my biggest problem with the Mongols is attrition. When I send out an army of say 10 000 men I can easily defeat a worn out Mongol army of 100 000 because of their attrition and my martial attribute, but the problem comes after I beat them. You have their humongous number of 100 000 + my 10 000 on a province that can support 8 000 men at best... sufficient to say, as the Mongols are retreating, my men stock up an attrition rating of 80-90 and instantly their numbers fall down to 60-90 or they just flat out disappear. Makes it literally impossible to defeat them. How do I deal with this?

You are talking about CK2, right ?

Umm, no... Crusader Kings Deus Vult.

Oh, okay, sorry.

Well while i don't realy know about that anymore, fight on home ground (different attrition and combat bonus, i think)
and after winning a battle, disband troops immediately and regroup after.

That should at least help to prevent troops getting lost altogether.
That's all i recall.

A quick search and quick reading didn't tell me more, but you could try to read through old threads and maybe find more info:
Results by search for "mongols" and "mongol" (and checked "Search titles only"):
(While the search engine curently has issues finding threads of the last two years, it has no problem finding really old ones)
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ongols&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=81
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...mongol&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=81
Keep in mind that DV got released in 2006 (IIRC) and thus posts earlier than that can probably be ignored.