• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

turdstach

Recruit
Nov 27, 2022
i bought Europa Universalis 4 yesterday on the epic games store and i downloaded the Paradox Launcher v2 but the game would'nt open. It would just running and then go back to saying launch. So i uninstalled EU4 and reinstalled it twice and it still would'nt run. so i deleted the launcher and i tried to reinstall it and it keeps saying that i already have a version of the launcher installed. does anyone know the solution to these two problems?

Please try this:

- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- exit the Epic app entirely
- run EpicGamesLauncher.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the Epic client

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

Note that you can run eu4.exe directly from File Explorer, which bypasses the launcher.

Please try this:

- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/{userName}/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- exit the Epic app entirely
- run EpicGamesLauncher.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the Epic client

Please attach them here.

Note that you can run eu4.exe directly from File Explorer, which bypasses the launcher.
ok i cant delete paradox launcher from apps and features it gives me the option to uninstall and i can click it and it will dissappear but then in a few seconds it will come back like nothing happened

Please attach them here.