• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you tried a Spider-K with 4x ERSLas and 2x 60dmg mods?
It has no JJ but with its insane speed it don‘t need them. Furthermore it gets the small mech bonus and easyly gets max chevrons. Though it has no hatchet, but it has a verry (!) good charge range. Ace pilot is pretty good even without JJs.
It has no much armour, but it never gets hit nevertheless.

Reactions:
It has no JJ but with its insane speed it don‘t need them. Furthermore it gets the small mech bonus and easyly gets max chevrons. Though it has no hatchet, but it has a verry (!) good charge range. Ace pilot is pretty good even without JJs.

It indeed seems a quite interesting set up. Where may such a Spider variant be bought? I hope it's not a Kurita Quartermaster exclusive, and that at least Liao systems stores might have it for sale, every now and then...

I haven't tried the Spider, although I had used the Firestarter pretty extensively.

I loved the fire starter as well, but they are not comparabel. Sounds strange, but the speed of the Spider and the missing JJs result in a big different playstyle.

- Firstarter is hot most of the time when action starts because of JJ (at least with my playstyle), while the Spider is always cool.
- Because of the „small“ range of the Firestarter, the spots where he could be placed is given most of the time (to have a good angel, beeing in forest and in range, and to have chevrons, while not overheating). The Spider has full chevrons after 2/3 of it‘s movement and the range is so generous that you are much more flexible, even that you don‘t have JJ‘s. Backstabbing and hitting with the ERSLas is pretty easy without having to look for the heat.
- Because of the generous range you dont have to be afraid that the opfor gets the idea to smash his fist through your reactor. You can easyly close in until you are in your charge range (meaning you are still far away). I charge everything from Firestarter to Banshee without trouble (and with high end gear the Spider is a fearsom clsecombatant)

If you have the gear and pilot try to get one. It is a lot of fun and a great spotter for extreme range lance mates.

I removed mine from the „First mech to pick for every mission“-list with the newer double heat sink SL PHawk with double Snub, but thats another story. The Spider still is in my heart =]

Last edited:
On a lark I equipped my Raven 3X with melee arm mods and support weapons. It's actually pretty useful, enemies will often just waltz up to it and sit because they can't strip the stealth charge. The triple strength myomer really gives it a mobility edge and seeing the little headbutt do 190 dmg is entertaining.

• 1Like
Reactions: