• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, I see that trade colonies can be very profitable. Fort Zeelandia has high trade and income levels. That makes the money, resources and effort to establish (and defend) them worthwhile.

Originally posted by yndenwal:
Yes I could storm Europe probably but I won't because I do not like the idea and religions would cause a mess with revolts everywhere.
Russia is not easy at start. But if you succeed quickly to annex all those minor south of Muscovy, then Russia can really become extremely powerful.

So one might PREVENT Russia from becoming so powerful by either annexing these minors before Muscovy or aiding these minors? I assume that these nations are at fixed technology levels...oh, but to neutralize Russia early on...oh, the historical shockwaves...

------------------
'A set of local sovereign states can be no more than a transitory political configuration.'- Toynbee

Originally posted by Tom:
Permanent TI? You can find part of Papua New Guinea but you can't discover the rest of the coastline? That seems a bit unrealistic. Is that really how it is? Or do you mean the interior (jungle too thick, etc.)?
Not the coastline, but the interior. Therefore there is no interior province, just two or three coastal provinces.

Originally posted by Duque de Alba:
It is possible to rent explorers from another country? Russia has not navy explorers... this is a handicap for several nations.
Are they catastrophes or hurricanes, bad weather... which can destroy ships, fleets or armies?
No renting of explorers.
Whether in each sea zone ranges from all beautiful to storm and affects naval attrition.
Early tech ships with no explorers in a strom = sink sink sink sink...

On the screenshots, what are the three icon and number sets on the left top of the main screen, i have deduced that the icons on the right top represent stability, army size (or manpower?) and treasury, but what are the stack of boxes, ship and little mans head with numbers beside them?

Also how does supply work. Is that the number of thousands of men that can live off a province without attrition? why is the number sometimes red and sometimes green?

Is it at all possible to build up a supply surplus so you can attack into a low supply area, or is it basically that all armies MUST forage (ie live off the land) when fighting. That seems appropriate for the first 200 years of the game, but I thought that in the 1700's armies became very attached to a depot supply system and it wasnt until Napoleon unleashed them again that foraging became a widely used option again.

If you can come up with any new AARs it would be a great ease to us waiting here with baited breath. Also i thought someone said there was a Spanish AAR but i havent been able to find it anywhere.....

Is there any way for us to read the special Beta Testers forum without being able to post there? I can understand why you wouldnt want it cluttered with whining about when the game is going to be released, but it would be a great boon to be able to go read even the partial and abortive reports there, to get an idea of how the game has developed and what is possible, etc....

Top bar, from left to right :
- Number of available traders (gold pile)
- Number of available colonists (ship)
- Number of available diplomats (man)
- Date
- Stability (country flag)
- Available manpower (soldiers)
- current Treasury (gold)

Each province, depending on its size, fortifications and weather can supply a certain amount of troops. No supply surplus. Conquistador get lower attrition in provinces with little/no supply.

No new AAR before next week at best.

No way to access the beta-testers' forum unless you are a beta tester, sorry.

unearthing AARs from times past (beta)