• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just out of curisosity, is the new desktop application going to run on all supported platforms for EUIV or is it a Windows-only thing?
The GUI itself won't run on all supported platforms but the backend will, so that means that all EUIV users will at least be able to get a textual output of statistics, an Excel data dump, and be able to upload their save to share. Less than ideal, but hopefully a good compromise.

A reasonable compromise indeed. Hopefully the Mac/Linux community will be able to hack together a set of scripts or maybe even a full-fledged GUI of our own to help visualize the data.
I'm thrilled to try it out when it's available.

Hey Gigawot,

Thanks for the liking the tool. While it true that new features has stopped for the moment, the service is still up and running for those that want a taste, and will be for the forseeable future. Also, since the service is open source, it is possible for those interested to contribute (though it may be a bit tough to get into the code, so I don't blame them if they're unable to -- but I'll help anyone who is interested)

Development hasn't really stopped -- it has shifted. Having a website where users submit their save games is limiting as it decouples the save from the game. Users complained that they saw country tags and not names (eg. "FRA" and not "France"). On a website users aren't able to see a map of the world and see a cool timeline. And there are other limitations that would essentially mean me having a bunch of installation of the game (including mods) on the server, which is too much work.

Current development is focused on creating a desktop client for users to explore their save game (normal and iron man saves work at the moment!). They get the benefits of localization, no waiting on an external service, and they can interact with other game files such as a map of their save. If users want to share their save game, it is planned to have a "Create Permalink", where their savegame is uploaded and anyone can access it with a link (much like it is today).

Anyways, that's the update. I shifted development because my own needs weren't being met, as I thought they would. I'm still open to the thought of adding more features to the current service as a stopgap.
too bad that a similar thing is not included in base game and we have only that awful endgame screen.

[Work has stopped] on the web version, yes, but there are a couple forum members right now playing with a pre-alpha cross platform app of the same nature. The only thing that works solidly is dumping an excel spreadsheet of the save game data, but I have a couple ambitious ideas in the works (charts/maps/etc). If there is enough interest, I'll open a preliminary thread for people to play around with it

Reactions:
[Work has stopped] on the web version, yes, but there are a couple forum members right now playing with a pre-alpha cross platform app of the same nature. The only thing that works solidly is dumping an excel spreadsheet of the save game data, but I have a couple ambitious ideas in the works (charts/maps/etc). If there is enough interest, I'll open a preliminary thread for people to play around with it

Wonderful!
Will it, maybe, potentially, work for Stellaris? It'll have clausewitz engins.

I'm aware that the web-version is outdated and no longer works, but I also hear there are some client-side versions that are up to date and work with the current version of the game. I was wondering if any of you know where to procure a copy of these?

I'm aware that the web-version is outdated and no longer works, but I also hear there are some client-side versions that are up to date and work with the current version of the game. I was wondering if any of you know where to procure a copy of these?
Here is the latest build

It happens to be only command line based, but it is cross platform. The only thing of real value, at the moment, is the ability to generate an excel file contains provinces, wars, battles, etc.

This is alpha software and not supported in any way shape or form

Reactions:
Hi, just came across your apps, I'm impressed :)

Can you clarify - ironman saves are encrypted and therefore are binary files and normal saves are text files?

I'm trying to open my ironman save in notepad++.. some things are readable, some just aren't. Your feustats app seem to be handling ot correctly though.