• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for making one for EUIV! Missed the EU3 one, stats are the best thing when it comes to Paradox games. Hated that Victoria II was the only one that had something compared to the EU3 save reader.

Thank you so much!
I love looking back at games and seeing the amounts of blood is needlessly spilled!

(On a more serious side note, this is something I wanted in the game for a long time, and I find this to be a very nice substitute. Thank you!)

You are not stupid!

It was a different bug than Slargos, but same bad error message. It is fixed now, and I've uploaded your game: http://eu4stats.com/games/163

Thank you all for reporting your errors and making this a more stable service :)

Speaking of bugs, in the stats page generated for my game, it displays the names of trade companies rather than the country itself for several nations.

Thank you so much!
I love looking back at games and seeing the amounts of blood is needlessly spilled!

(On a more serious side note, this is something I wanted in the game for a long time, and I find this to be a very nice substitute. Thank you!)

Thanks, positive feedback like this is what inspires me!

Speaking of bugs, in the stats page generated for my game, it displays the names of trade companies rather than the country itself for several nations.

Good catch. Fixed the bug, but since the stats are a one time snapshot the savegame had to be re-uploaded, so I did that for you. Take a look to make sure it looks alright :p

http://eu4stats.com/games/169

A minor request (I have so far greatly enjoyed looking at the stats from Slargos MP) could the year that the largest naval/land wars started be added? Would be interesting to see the evolution of war sizes based on the year.

Interesting tool OP, just took a look at some of the saves and seeing the new look of the Leader Report, how about a win/loss-ratio (if possible)? Would make the most successful leaders easier to find instead of having to compare them yourself.

For new iterations, I would suggest stats should more frequently be marked with country tag. The leader list is interesting, but when there's no way to see what country had which leader without guesstimating, it becomes less useful.

Same goes for all the other stats which lack tags.

In addition, the "number of involved troops" is very misleading since it adds the total amount involved in each battle meaning that if two countries go to war with 10 000 troops each and have 2 engagements where they suffer no losses (unlikely, but bear with me) the stats will show troop strength as 20 000 per side rather than 10 000.

Maybe there's some way around that, maybe not.

A minor request (I have so far greatly enjoyed looking at the stats from Slargos MP) could the year that the largest naval/land wars started be added? Would be interesting to see the evolution of war sizes based on the year.

Yes, it can! I'm tracking this request in the bug tracker. Should hopefully be done by this weekend.

Interesting tool OP, just took a look at some of the saves and seeing the new look of the Leader Report, how about a win/loss-ratio (if possible)? Would make the most successful leaders easier to find instead of having to compare them yourself.

Can you elaborate? Right now you can do this by extracting the data to Excel and creating a calculated field for win/loss ratio. Wouldn't the most successful leaders be the ones with the most "kills" or most "wins"?

For new iterations, I would suggest stats should more frequently be marked with country tag. The leader list is interesting, but when there's no way to see what country had which leader without guesstimating, it becomes less useful.

Same goes for all the other stats which lack tags.

In addition, the "number of involved troops" is very misleading since it adds the total amount involved in each battle meaning that if two countries go to war with 10 000 troops each and have 2 engagements where they suffer no losses (unlikely, but bear with me) the stats will show troop strength as 20 000 per side rather than 10 000.

Maybe there's some way around that, maybe not.

Yes, the leader list should have a country tag! Same with battles, I assume.

Also, yes the "forces" statistics is misleading. There is no way to recover historical data to see how many unique men were fielded. Is there a better name for this statistic?

Tracking the issues here and here

Can you elaborate? Right now you can do this by extracting the data to Excel and creating a calculated field for win/loss ratio. Wouldn't the most successful leaders be the ones with the most "kills" or most "wins"?
Just what I meant. Just add another field that has a value of [1-(wins/losses)] or something like that. Basically, the more successful a leader, the higher his rating.

Or in the words of Sun Tzu:
If you know yourself
and know the enemy,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

If you know yourself,
but not the enemy,
for every victory gained, you will suffer a defeat.

If you know neither yourself
nor your enemy
you will succumb in every battle.

Just what I meant. Just add another field that has a value of [1-(wins/losses)] or something like that. Basically, the more successful a leader, the higher his rating.

Just thought of a better formular: win/loss ratio would be [(number of battles won by leader/number of battles fought by leader)*100]. It would simply tell you how many % of his battles a leader won.

Last edited:
If you can upload your save game some place (here, dropbox, etc), I would love to take a peek :)

Mods should work (there is nothing that would prohibit them), but I haven't tested them personally.

I just checked back on this thread, and wanted to let you know that the webapp is working perfectly with my save now. I'm pretty sure this was related to the issue you had with the army/navy templates (which I did use).

Thanks again for this great tool, wish there was a way for it to work with ironman, but I understand why they wouldn't allow that.

Im assuming development of this has stopped :'( it was so good

Hey Gigawot,

Thanks for the liking the tool. While it true that new features has stopped for the moment, the service is still up and running for those that want a taste, and will be for the forseeable future. Also, since the service is open source, it is possible for those interested to contribute (though it may be a bit tough to get into the code, so I don't blame them if they're unable to -- but I'll help anyone who is interested)

Development hasn't really stopped -- it has shifted. Having a website where users submit their save games is limiting as it decouples the save from the game. Users complained that they saw country tags and not names (eg. "FRA" and not "France"). On a website users aren't able to see a map of the world and see a cool timeline. And there are other limitations that would essentially mean me having a bunch of installation of the game (including mods) on the server, which is too much work.

Current development is focused on creating a desktop client for users to explore their save game (normal and iron man saves work at the moment!). They get the benefits of localization, no waiting on an external service, and they can interact with other game files such as a map of their save. If users want to share their save game, it is planned to have a "Create Permalink", where their savegame is uploaded and anyone can access it with a link (much like it is today).

Anyways, that's the update. I shifted development because my own needs weren't being met, as I thought they would. I'm still open to the thought of adding more features to the current service as a stopgap.

Reactions:
Hey Gigawot,

Thanks for the liking the tool. While it true that new features has stopped for the moment, the service is still up and running for those that want a taste, and will be for the forseeable future. Also, since the service is open source, it is possible for those interested to contribute (though it may be a bit tough to get into the code, so I don't blame them if they're unable to -- but I'll help anyone who is interested)

Development hasn't really stopped -- it has shifted. Having a website where users submit their save games is limiting as it decouples the save from the game. Users complained that they saw country tags and not names (eg. "FRA" and not "France"). On a website users aren't able to see a map of the world and see a cool timeline. And there are other limitations that would essentially mean me having a bunch of installation of the game (including mods) on the server, which is too much work.

Current development is focused on creating a desktop client for users to explore their save game (normal and iron man saves work at the moment!). They get the benefits of localization, no waiting on an external service, and they can interact with other game files such as a map of their save. If users want to share their save game, it is planned to have a "Create Permalink", where their savegame is uploaded and anyone can access it with a link (much like it is today).

Anyways, that's the update. I shifted development because my own needs weren't being met, as I thought they would. I'm still open to the thought of adding more features to the current service as a stopgap.
Just out of curisosity, is the new desktop application going to run on all supported platforms for EUIV or is it a Windows-only thing?