• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gotta love injecting your species with an unknown substance without doing prior testing or just y'know... testing it on a few people first lol. Gotta love Stellaris.

Somewhere, there must have been a group of scientists screaming their heads off, begging at least one level of testing. Either that or this whole sequence of events happened on their one day off work.
Haha yeah. But somehow I had to fit it in, you know? :p I figured Ersh would test it on himself at a minimum.

Reactions:
Well, that was extremely reckless. It's interesting that the scientist was urging using the solution without further testing...

How did they know that the solutions didn't have harmful effects on humans?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, that was extremely reckless. It's interesting that the scientist was urging using the solution without further testing...

How did they know that the solutions didn't have harmful effects on humans?
Obviously he had Foresight (tm). Excellent qiestion though. A flaw in Stellaris if you asl me. I'd like a gradual introduction to thr species with differing events throughout.

Reactions:
2254.06.17 – President’s Office, Earth
2254.06.17 – President’s Office, Earth

President Ersh na-Filvan smiled to the holos in front on him.

“Ladies and gentlemen. It is a pleasure to get get you all collectively in one meeting. After…”

A woman interrupted.

“Pleasure? Phaw! Your alien ways are a disgrace to this galaxy. We are, however, willing to limited trading deals, if you xeno scum wish so.”

Ersh collected himself.

1678910322429.png

“High Commissioner Dika na-Filvan. Sol is indeed interested in trade. But we are also very much interested in your culture and civilization. As you well know, several civilizations in this part of the galaxy – the majority truth to be told – are so similar to Earth’s it’s a marvel to be hold. Take, for instance, your surname.”

He waved a hand.

“It is the same as mine. How can this be, if not for some sort of alien meddling or something equally intriguing?”

The High Commissioner snorted, but before she could answer, Queen Cognat d’Vhakk broke in.

1678910345552.png

“The President speaks truth. We Bebaki is so similar to humans and several other species out there is cannot be a coincidence. It truly must be the work of the gods. The High God, blessed be His name, El-Bahat, surely must have blessed this galaxy with His wonders and I…”

Empress Kashnak I broke in.

“Gods this, gods that. Trade, yes we want trade. Gods? Let the people believe what they will. All I want to make clear, is that any ships entering Nagyari space without explicit permission, will be shot down. Else, we will visit your space, and it will not be a pleasant experience.”

1678910362001.png

Ersh cleared his throat.

“Very well. We have some issues to work through. But know this: All is welcome in the Republic of Sol, should they choose to make us their home. I am more than willing to engage in diplomacy to secure trading rights, but know that migration treaties are also a welcome offer seen from Sol’s perspective.”

He looked straight into each ruler’s eyes.

“Now, let us begin in earnest.”

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I just got the Character Writer of the Week Award for Ersh, so here is another chapter showcasing our burdened statesman! :D

Reactions:
Nice!

It seems like humanlike cultures dominate the galaxy. I wonder if they can remain this peaceful...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nice!

It seems like humanlike cultures dominate the galaxy. I wonder if they can remain this peaceful...
There are the odd alien empire, but mostly it's humans in some for, yes. As for peaceful, no. Janislaw has already subjugated one or two other empires at this point.
Such a disfunctional family of Human aliens, almost like the actual Human families sometimes.
Right? :p And somehow Sol must find her place, and secure it.

Reactions:
Nice!

There are the odd alien empire, but mostly it's humans in some for, yes. As for peaceful, no. Janislaw has already subjugated one or two other empires at this point.
Such a disfunctional family of Human aliens, almost like the actual Human families sometimes.
Right? :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
2255.02.14 – President’s Office, Earth
2255.02.14 – President’s Office, Earth

President Ersh na-Filvan looked at the report, then sighed. This was a setback. But, perhaps, also an opportunity? It would cost precious lives to get set right, though.

The Roman Empire had, after her defeat, seen setbacks, in form of insurrections. Sathorians in the east, still under their yoke, had been restless. But also Romans. Far from all Romans accepted their defeat, blaming the Emperor and his minions for stabbing them in the back.

How they could do that, knowing all of their star systems and planets were occupied before the end of the war… Perhaps the works of Spartacul had been too successful. The Romans had, after all, been stabbed in the back by their own. In a sense.

1679090769816.png

He straightened. But it had been war. And this “Roman Regime” was even weaker than the Roman Empire, now that they had split. It was time for some action, again.

He looked at that other report. Pirates, invading the border system to Sol. Sol was secure, he knew, as he had made sure the space station orbiting the Sun was top notch when it came to defense. But yet, he had a choice to make.

Either he dealt with the pirates, or he let them take that star system for now, and attacked the Roman Regime. His navy was one jump away from enemy territory. If the Roman Regime was allowed to fester, it would mean de facto independence for the Roman Empire too, seeing he could not reach them. No, he had fought too long, too hard, for that to happen.

He hit the intercom.

1679090783368.png

“Get me the admiral. We need to prepare for war – again. And make it descreetly, we don’t want this out in the open just yet.”

He paused.

“Also, get me the Queen of the Royal Sathorian Planet-States and the Emperor of the Roman Empire. We want to hit these rebels from all sides.”

He smiled weakly. Actually, this was not too bad. Almost perfect, really. The Roman Regime would be vassalized. But not reintegrated into the Roman Empire. Two, smaller vassals were better than one, stronger.

Yes, this was not too bad after all.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
That is going to be so confusing for foreign observers. "I'm going to Rome! Which Rome?" or "I serve the Romans! Which Romans?". That being said, it does make a lot of sense from a tactical point of view...

What's up with Spartacul? Did he betray the emperor? If so, when? Is he leading this Roman Regime?

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's bad enough here on Earth to occasionally deal with two countries having the same name. (Congo and Congo, Korea and Korea, China and China... oh! Don't forget Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, and Guinea-Bissau) I imagine any Earth-based diplomat would have thought "I escaped this BS by going to space!"

Then they see the map with two Romes on it. XD

Reactions:
That is going to be so confusing for foreign observers. "I'm going to Rome! Which Rome?" or "I serve the Romans! Which Romans?". That being said, it does make a lot of sense from a tactical point of view...

What's up with Spartacul? Did he betray the emperor? If so, when? Is he leading this Roman Regime?
Spartacul, in my mind, is still deceiving the Emperor. He's not part of the Roman Regime. He's doing Sol's bidding.
It's bad enough here on Earth to occasionally deal with two countries having the same name. (Congo and Congo, Korea and Korea, China and China... oh! Don't forget Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, and Guinea-Bissau) I imagine any Earth-based diplomat would have thought "I escaped this BS by going to space!"

Then they see the map with two Romes on it. XD
Haha, yes... It's a wild world. ;)

Reactions:
2255.11.13 – Commander’s Bridge, Star System Gargantua
2255.11.13 – Commander’s Bridge, Star System Gargantua

Commander Frid ne-Gavl looked at the head scientist of the science vessel she was commanding, stunned. For a moment, the words hang in the air. Then she arched her brow.

“This…machine. It is sentinent? And it speaks to you? Are you sure you are allright, Yash?”

The head scientist smiled broadly.

“Yes, Commander. It speaks.”

He frowned.

1679253442849.png

“But it isn’t very forward. Speaks of solving the mysteries of the universe, which I can only imagine it does with the utmost finesse.”

He paused.

“But it is, what can I say, a bit difficult to follow. Speaks of us knowing, and yet not knowing, being, but not being yet. Stuff like that. Perhaps some multiverse or time travel issue, or…”

The Commander held up a hand.

“I think I get it. But now you say you have asked this Infinity Machine if it needs help?”

Yash nodded.

“And it will take years?”

Yash nodded again.

“But it will potentially give Sol valuable technological insights?”

He thought for a second.

1679253453388.png

“I think this is way above both our paygrades. I will set up a holo to Earth. The President will need to weight in.”

He looked at the scientist.

“Get some clean clothes and a shower and meet me here in two hours. Dismissed.”

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I wonder what the president to do with the Infinity Machine. There's a lot of knowledge to be found or calculated, but there is always the possibility that the machine is lying...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wonder what the president to do with the Infinity Machine. There's a lot of knowledge to be found or calculated, but there is always the possibility that the machine is lying...
Well, if it starts, it’s only 1800 days until we know, right? :D

Reactions:
Well, if it starts, it’s only 1800 days until we know, right? :D
As Deep Thought proved sometimes knowing the answer is useless if you don't actually understand the question.

However 1800 days is a lot more reasonable than 7.5million years so they shouldn't complain too much. ;)

Reactions:
As Deep Thought proved sometimes knowing the answer is useless if you don't actually understand the question.

However 1800 days is a lot more reasonable than 7.5million years so they shouldn't complain too much. ;)
We will see what comes out of it. But 7.5 million years is too long yeah. ;)

Reactions:
Just remember to post some thermonuclear missile launchers nearby to dissuade towel-brandishing British visitors.
Ah yes, the British. Not an issue in this Earth, I think. Others subplanted them as world powers.

Reactions: