• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2252.01.25 – President’s Office, Earth
2252.01.25 – President’s Office, Earth

It had been four days of peace. Four days. And now? Now Ersh was again legally elected President. He looked in the mirror. His face. When did he get so old? Would his term end in death, or in electoral defeat? Or, perhaps he could, one day, retire?

1678110599535.png

He smirked. Retire? Him? No, not before his work were done. Or taken away from him. Next election was in 2262. He’d be 96 years old, if he lived. And he had good genes, he knew that. But you never knew. Only God.

Four days ago. The Emperor of the Roman Empire had bowed to Sol’s dominion. An authoritarian brought low. It warmed a democratic hearth. Now, the terms were relatively harsh, harsher than Ersh had wanted. But he did not rule on his own. He had the Senate. And the people of Sol. Perhaps, he muttered under his breath, in a few years. After he had worked up the support for a better treatment of the Romans.

1678110611719.png

He looked at the map. Takharam had been annexed, the rest of the Roman Empire intact. Yet humblewd. And, of course, the Sathorians had annexed two systems. He couldn’t understand why they did not close the corridor left after peace was signed.

He shrugged. Not his problem. If anything, Sol and the Sathorians were on friendly terms. As a result, they were on “friendly” terms with the Romans too. Ersh was sure he could get the two to an agreement.

In fact, he had a suggestion or two for the Sathorians, although if they would like it was another matter. As long as they were friends, the northern border was secure. The southern border was relatively secure too. If only he could get the three members of the federation to let Sol join.

1678110628701.png

But no, he had tried. The Othari was positive and had voted for Sol to join. The other two… The other two had complained Sol was too far away and wouldn’t agree to it. And this federation operated on unanimous voting.

1678110646187.png

1678110654395.png

Now the west, north and south-west were secure. In the east laid unknown wastes. And south-east? The Janislaws and their vassals the Freeholders. Sol’s navy was the strongest in the known galaxy. But Janislaw’s technology lead was sobering, to say the least.

It was clear; Sol needed to work on her internal economy and technological output. First, he would build up the starbases. The planets too, of course, but there were still plenty of space on all of them.

He began to write down ideas. Orders to be executed. It would be a long night. “If only Abia had been here”, he muttered to himself.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Maybe the other two Federation partners will warm up to Sol as time goes on. There's no way taking just one simple system from the enemy would generate a threat rating among the other empires.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maybe the other two Federation partners will warm up to Sol as time goes on. There's no way taking just one simple system from the enemy would generate a threat rating among the other empires.
Maybe. The Quenti is at full relations and lacks 26 points to agree, so something has to change at least.

Reactions:
Let's hope that the Federation warms up to Sol.

I wonder if the Romans will seek revenge on Sol and the Sathorians if they get distracted?

Reactions:

I wonder if the Romans will seek revenge on Sol and the Sathorians if they get distracted?

• 1Like
Reactions:

Things will happen with the Romans. Just wait and see. ;)

Reactions:
2252.02.25 - Colonia Emarita, capital planet of Royal Sathorian Planet-States
2252.02.25 - Colonia Emarita, capital planet of Royal Sathorian Planet-States

“He wants what?”

The Queen almost screamed. Roy, now ambassador to the Royal Sathorian Planet-States, smiled a winning smile. Or so he hoped.

“A closer relationship with your esteemed people. Security, for both you and us. Look at it this way, Sol promises no integration, ever. Independent diplomacy. Free expansion. A lot of freedoms, to be honest. Nothing like what the Romans got, and it is entirely voluntary for you to sign. Or not.”

1678395522359.png

The Queen sneered.

“We just got our freedom.”

Roy smiled broadly.

“With our help. And you are trapped by the hyperlane system. No way to travel to the west, and if you could, it would lead to Othari space. To the east is Rome, and we control Rome. See it this way: We offer good terms, freedom of travel and settlement not the least. And, of course, major economic benefits.”

The Queen sighed.

“I don’t have much of a choice, have I? I bet you’d invade were I to say no.”

Roy looked appalled.

“Invade a friend? Never. You are free not to sign. Sol honors her friends.”

The Queen looked at him suspiciously.

“Friends you say. Hrrrmf, well whatever you say.”

She exhaled.

“Give me the pad, I’ll sign.”

She almost released a tear but held it back as well as she could.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
So that's how Sol expands, diplomatically and slowly to avoid drawing too much attention and fear. The long game is in play here I see.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So that's how Sol expands, diplomatically and slowly to avoid drawing too much attention and fear. The long game is in play here I see.
It was an opportunity we could not miss. :)
And just like that, the Sathorians are under new management. The Queen will be lucky if she doesn't get overthrown by her own people.
About that... Watch this space. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sol likes to expand, even if they say otherwise. I wonder how the Sathorians will react to this...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sol likes to expand, even if they say otherwise. I wonder how the Sathorians will react to this...
Only for the benefit of all species.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
2252.09.13 – Executor’s Office, Triech Homeworld
2252.09.13 – Executor’s Office, Triech Homeworld

The Triech Executor, supreme leader of the Triech Absorbers, cursed.

“So you are telling me these humans are one of many similar species, all seemingly related?”

The aide nodded.

“Yes, madam. Although it seems no one knows for sure how it happened. It’s…clouded in mysticism, it seems.”

The Executor growled.

“And they are not only friendly with half the darn galaxy, but also are the strongest military operator known to us and have just subjugated our rivals the Roman Empire?”

The aide swallowed hard.

“HAVE YOU NO GOOD NEWS TO ME AT ALL, YOU IMBECILE MORON?”

Moments later her pad knocked him out, hitting him square in the forehead. The Executor pressed her intercom.

“Guards, get this moron out of my sight. Now.

1678628518061.png

As the poor aide was dragged away, the Executor sat silently, looking out her window. This was not a good situation. She needed to get a bigger fleet. A bigger economy. But, most importantly, she needed to get her ass covered. Her situation was suddenly fragile. She was the one on top, the one leading for soon a decade now. She could not look weak.

It was clear to her. She needed to show strength. Few knew how strong Sol was. No more needed to know. And she needed to take action, fast. She had already ordered a hostile confrontation with their scientists, before she knew how strong Sol was. This was not optimal.

She pressed the intercom.

“Get me the Council. We need to show strength. We need to rival Sol. Make them feel vulnerable. But not to the point of war. I need strategies. Plans. Contingency plans. As fast as possible.”

She leaned back. This would be a long night.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Aha, the ideological counterpart of Sol, even more so than the Romans. The ensuing fight shall surely be epic!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Aha, the ideological counterpart of Sol, even more so than the Romans. The ensuing fight shall surely be epic!
In time, perhaps. So far we only border them from our vassal Rome's border. And, let's say there are other things happening in between. ;)

Reactions:
The Triech feel threatened by Sol. I wonder if they'll look for allies among other people who don't like the humans?

I wonder what those contingency plans will end up being? Will this empire explore advanced and dangerous technology in order to feel safer?

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Triech feel threatened by Sol. I wonder if they'll look for allies among other people who don't like the humans?

I wonder what those contingency plans will end up being? Will this empire explore advanced and dangerous technology in order to feel safer?
They....do have a knack for gaining enemies at least. No friends I have seen. And I plan to take them out before any advanced and dangerous technology is researched. :eek:

Reactions:
2253.11.02 – Main Sol research facility, Earth
2253.11.02 – Main Sol research facility, Earth

Ra ta-Ano looked at the canister. The possibilities. The – potential – danger. Although by now they were 99.78% sure all three canisters, the other ones still locked away, were safe. All did something good, but they could not be sure what.

He turned to his assistant.

1678805105547.png

“Call the President. The canisters are deteriorating, fast. We need to make a decision, or never get to know what we missed.”

Five minutes later, he had President Ersh on holo.

“Sir, time is of the essence. We have determined that all three canisters are good, that they give good effects on humans. We can’t be sure what they will do, though.”

Ersh scratched his chin.

“Secure to use, you say. Yet not determined effects. I must admit Ra, I don’t like it.”

The head scientist nodded.

“I understand, sir. But we cannot wait any longer. They are deteriorating too fast. We need to choose one solution, and stick to it.”

Ersh looked the scientist square in the eye.

“And you want me to order the entire population of Sol to take this? Even with so good odds as you are suggesting, that is a tall order.”

1678805121602.png

Ra looked straight back.

“It is that, or never knowing what we missed.”

Ersh shook his head.

“Sometimes, not knowing can be a good thing, you know.”

He straightened.

“I tell you what. Take the blue solution, manufacture it. But let me take the first dose, and do not under any circumstance let anyone else take the serum before you know it has not affected me badly.”

Ra swallowed.

“Sir?”

1678805133680.png

Ersh looked sternly at the scientist.

“That is an order. I expect the shot by this evening.”

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Gotta love injecting your species with an unknown substance without doing prior testing or just y'know... testing it on a few people first lol. Gotta love Stellaris.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Somewhere, there must have been a group of scientists screaming their heads off, begging at least one level of testing. Either that or this whole sequence of events happened on their one day off work.

Reactions: