I have 99 robot species template active...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, what? I don't think I've had a situation where different tiers of robots coexist in the same empire. The problem is with having umpteen species of your current robot tier that clutter the species tab, or as a machine empire, having robot pops (as opposed to machine pops) that you can't upgrade.
Ah, I think there's a misunderstanding. I was talking about an Empire using Synth Ascension, and that your pre-acension robots (meaning synths") not(?) merge into your main species (meaning Synth Ascended pops) upon ascension. It isn't all that helpful that Synth Ascended main species and the last stage of assembled robots are both generally referred to as "synths".

Yes you are right, and in fact robots magically mutate into droids or synths or even back to robots if they change ownership to an empire that has - or hasn't - the relevant technology. You can conquer another empire's planet with lots of Droids working CG industries, and end up with lots of unfilled jobs and unemployed Robots instead if you don't have the Droid tech yet!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ah, I think there's a misunderstanding. I was talking about an Empire using Synth Ascension, and that your pre-acension robots (meaning synths") not(?) merge into your main species (meaning Synth Ascended pops) upon ascension. It isn't all that helpful that Synth Ascended main species and the last stage of assembled robots are both generally referred to as "synths".

Yes you are right, and in fact robots magically mutate into droids or synths or even back to robots if they change ownership to an empire that has - or hasn't - the relevant technology. You can conquer another empire's planet with lots of Droids working CG industries, and end up with lots of unfilled jobs and unemployed Robots instead if you don't have the Droid tech yet!

Ooh! That's why my vassals planet are filled with unemployment! Thanks!
I enlighten a species and give them a fully set up system with populated planets (playing with ZOFE and Gigastructures) in them, a decent load of my synths.

I was wondering why they suddendly became unemployed, I taught they remained synths after I gave the planets to my vassal.

It's less a bug than an unintended consequence. Because the devs assigned a different race to each empire's robots/machines, they are different species in all ways -- Each can be modded, but you can't convert one species to another save through assimilation and none of the assimilation methods work on robots.

Which is why I had to write my own event for it.

I'm sure there were reasons for the original design decision (if nothing else to hide modding designs from every other player) but it would have been nice if they had included an assimilation option for mechanical species. Even an mechanical purge would have been a step in the right direction.
Honestly, this shouldn't be that hard a fix. Hell, the most simply would be to simply give players a way to turn the Synths/Robots of other Empires into Synths/Machine Pops of their own Empire in some way. Maybe via policy, or simply for convenience sake make it an automatic process ala Assimilation of DA that slowly goes on in the background.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly, this shouldn't be that hard a fix. Hell, the most simply would be to simply give players a way to turn the Synths/Robots of other Empires into Synths/Machine Pops of their own Empire in some way. Maybe via policy, or simply for convenience sake make it an automatic process ala Assimilation of DA that slowly goes on in the background.
It isn't hard to fix. As I wrote, I created a small event to do it over time to mimic the effort of reconstruction / standardization.

i have that in my subscriptions, but i haven't tried it yet
Same

It might not be binary, but trinary
Not sure if you’re joking or not but the USSR did make a trinary computer in the ‘50s.

SQL is trinary logic with basic elements TRUE, FALSE, and NULL having distinct meaning.

Try-Catch logic can be constructed as trinary, with success, failure, and error as distinct return conditions.

Those types of trinary logic assimilate into binary logic pretty well. :cool:

Reactions:
I made this thread some time ago in the suggestions area that would help the issue, so put your +1 in it perhaps for some more attention?

Reactions:
I made this thread some time ago in the suggestions area that would help the issue, so put your +1 in it perhaps for some more attention?

This seems like the most straight forward approach.

This seems like the most straight forward approach.
that was the approach they used for a long time til they swapped to having them all be separate species for some reason. what i don't get is why they don't have all bots be subspecies of the robot species, it'd make sense thematically and would be far easier to deal with

Reactions: