I can't wait for Cities: Skylines 2!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If that is soon then yes that is certainly possible but if its not soon then I doubt it.

The game used to get DLCs very regularly. We haven't had anything new since Sunset Harbor which was released in March (almost 10 months ago) and Campus was back in May 2019 (another 10 months ago). This game is due something big very soon.
PDXcon 2019 took place in October, presumably the next one will take place around that month.. if there will be held one at all this year.
As you said it very well.. this game has had a regular DLC release however CS2 would be a completely new game and might follow a different schedule.

After watching the discontinued SimCity 2013 videos, I really want Paradox to make Skylines 2 be more like that. And in this regards, having the option to have Multiplayer would be amazing, whether it be having it hosted by a user via IP or letting third-party server providers host servers for us. Having 16 players in a world build cities and you can have these cities trade resources (like oil, coal, airports, etc). Maybe also update the sounds, the sounds when building and the soundtracks we're truly amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wish game could run much better, with option to strip it out of graphic candies and simulated models to run better, and that it would scale well from better built PCs. Especially water mechanics.

It doesn't need to get much better even. Just fix the fundamentals on which it is built.

One other kink I have is geology... but eh, I don't believe it is possible :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
While larger maps would be nice. I'd rather keep the same 18x18km limit and actually be able to fill that space reasonable well without a high-end system toasting.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My biggest wish for a sequel (since it cannot be modded in) is a change in the zoning system. I hope to see zones break away from the perfect grid and instead follow the roads perfectly (especially noticeable on curved roads). Since there is a desire to designate zone depth, I recommend a way to do so in increments of 8m up to 64m deep (8 csl1 units). I would also like to see all zone types have low, medium, and high density. I also want to see density levels separated from wealth levels so I can have single family mansions in different areas from middle-class duplexes (and especially low-class trailer parks and 4-plexes). I especially dislike the way High Rise Ban restricts wealth level of buildings. Less important but still nice to have would be a hotel zone, where generic would be business hotels (benefitting offices) and specialized being tourist/holiday hotels and possibly also a specialization for entertaining resorts.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
A few things I would like to see in CS2:

When rezoning an area just to increase density, don't destroy all the old buildings all at once. Instead, demolish them only when new buildings can spawn on those spots. That mirrors more what happens in real life. The existing homeowners should also get a happiness malus because their lovely suburban neighborhood is going to get urbanized.

Different densities for industry and office. I like creating low-rise office centers in suburban areas because you see that all the time in the US. I can use the high-rise ban, but it would be nice if the low density office zone had building styles that look like they fit there.

Implement some of the features of the Traffic Manager mod in the base game. Specifically, I would like to see at least yield signs (or "give way" signs for those across the pond), lane connectors and/or turn arrows, and speed limit adjustment. Not having yield/give way signs in the base game was a real glaring oversight.

Give us a damn brush when putting down trees! I mean, seriously, it's in the map editor, why not the regular game?

And for the love of God, just unlock all the initial roads at the start. Don't force me to plop down one little piece of token roadway just to unlock them. Some of us are experienced players and like to use the one-way roads from the start to extend the initial highway.

• 2Like
Reactions:
it would be nice if the low density office zone had building styles that look like they fit there
Ermmm... The office buildings don't have a style at all. Whatever is built anew around the world... well it's got a style: one big ugly square unsophisticated box... That's a contemporary style. The rest is fit in buildings built before the world wars.
Instead, demolish them only when new buildings can spawn on those spots. That mirrors more what happens in real life.
Does it really happen this way? Whatever is taken as a plot for a building, stays the same throughout centuries and hardly ever changes as far as I noticed. Only buildings get larger on those plots until they're wall to wall. It happens plots are split or joined... Quite rare and costly administrative task, though that varies between countries I guess.
And for the love of God, just unlock all the initial roads at the start.
That's the only part of the game that seems to be the actual game. There's not much more besides that so leave it. But I agree it would make sense not keep it if it was part of better buildings update, which CO has tried to do to some degree...

I mean we all have lists of wishes and I guess best what they could do, and I'm assuming they're actually working hard on it since a long time ago (so asking them now what to include there is a tad too late), is to mimic various styles and city policies across the globe in the new vanilla game as best as whatever better game engine allows for that. And the rest would be left for DLCs and modders so we can have fun too.
I'm not sure if they gonna release anything this year. If there is no announcement on their anniversary in march, then probably keep building in the current game for the next 8-12 months

And for the love of God, just unlock all the initial roads at the start. Don't force me to plop down one little piece of token roadway just to unlock them. Some of us are experienced players and like to use the one-way roads from the start to extend the initial highway.
I agree, but I'm even more baffled by how you need to play for a while just to unlock simple pedestrian paths.

Reactions: