• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 3, 2021
All it says is that I either need to relog into my pdx account or wait a while, well i've waited a bit and my friends are able to play without any issues. I've created a new account (which I'm using to type this currently), I've reinstalled the game, verified the files, restarted my PC, and even waited a while. How does this game have more issues than Victoria 2's multiplayer?

• 1Like
Reactions:
We had the same problem on the weekend. No matter what we tried we couldn't get it working consistently. Sometimes pc restart fixed it for a moment but the same issue always came back. For us using VPN made it somewhat playable so maybe you can try that.
Yesterday tho everything was just working without any issues. Very strange and annoying problem.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For my group we fixed it by changing the person who was hosting, and it worked fine, don't really know why but we didn't really have bugs after that.

We are aware of an issue where some customers can't login/stay signed in with their Paradox account which then results in being unable to play multiplayer. With the latest patch it solved it for a vast majority of players but sadly not everyone ><!

Rest assured we're investigating this further and both the CKIII and tech team are trying to figure out the cause (and a solution!) but sadly there isn't a confirmed workaround for the time being :(. We have three possible workarounds that may solve it:

Disable IPv6
- Close CK3
- Go to Control Panel > View Network status and tasks > Change adapter settings (left side)
- Find your Hamachi Connection and Disable it
- Find your Internet connection adapter (for me, it was WiFi)
- Right click your internet adapter and select properties
- Scroll down to find "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck the box
- Select Ok
- Start up CK3 and should work.

Disable all other network adapters

1. Go to Windows Control panel.
  2. Click on Network & Internet.
  3. Click on View Network Status.
    Quick Tip: You can also quickly access these settings by right-clicking the network icon in the taskbar and selecting the Network & Internet settings option.
  4. Click on Change adapter options.
  5. Right-click all network adapters that are not connected to the internet and select the Disable option.

Use a VPN

- Obtain a VPN

- Set the country to the US (why this works is also an enigma ><)

- Start the game

- Sign in and see if it "sticks"

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi,

I was trying to play with my friends, but our Paradox accounts are disconnected everytime we join a multiplayer game. We change the host several times however it did not change anything.

The process I posted above is exactly meant to address that issue, but you don't mention it. Please go through it.

We are aware of an issue where some customers can't login/stay signed in with their Paradox account which then results in being unable to play multiplayer. With the latest patch it solved it for a vast majority of players but sadly not everyone ><!

Rest assured we're investigating this further and both the CKIII and tech team are trying to figure out the cause (and a solution!) but sadly there isn't a confirmed workaround for the time being :(. We have three possible workarounds that may solve it:

Disable IPv6
- Close CK3
- Go to Control Panel > View Network status and tasks > Change adapter settings (left side)
- Find your Hamachi Connection and Disable it
- Find your Internet connection adapter (for me, it was WiFi)
- Right click your internet adapter and select properties
- Scroll down to find "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck the box
- Select Ok
- Start up CK3 and should work.

Disable all other network adapters

1. Go to Windows Control panel.
  2. Click on Network & Internet.
  3. Click on View Network Status.
    Quick Tip: You can also quickly access these settings by right-clicking the network icon in the taskbar and selecting the Network & Internet settings option.
  4. Click on Change adapter options.
  5. Right-click all network adapters that are not connected to the internet and select the Disable option.

Use a VPN

- Obtain a VPN

- Set the country to the US (why this works is also an enigma ><)

- Start the game

- Sign in and see if it "sticks"
This still hasn't been fixed. Really messed up. Pre-ordered the game to play with friends. Still can't play with friend YEARS later.

I have tried all the fixes, Disable IPv6, firewall permissions, got and used a VPN, nothing has worked. What is frustrarting too is my friend has no problem. Only thing of note is when i try to login into my paradox account with the 1.4.5 beta its says "failed to login in to unknown error".