I can't get the achievement 'Sakoku Law'

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
J

Johann_Kwon

The achievement 'Sakoku Law' says Go full isolationist in 6 incidents.

As you see, Isolationism in Shinto has levels 0 to 4 and I attained level 2.
upload_2017-9-29_12-26-49.png

Because the level of isolationism range 0 to 4, achievement screen has to show 2/4 but it says 2/6.
upload_2017-9-29_12-25-37.png

I already go full isolationism level 4 about couple of months ago, but the achivement didn't acquired and it said 4/6 till the end of the game.(no captured screen) And I still don't know why the achivement didn't attained.

Why is this screen says x/6? not x/4?
Are there more level over 4?

@DDRJake

There are only four levels of isolationism but there are more than four incidents. You need to just choose the isolationist options in all of them. I think there are eight incidents in total.

This achievement is strangely worded. When it says "go full isolationist in 6 incidents" it does NOT mean that you need to have the max level of isolationism (the one that gives you −0.03 Monthly war exhaustion and −15% Stability cost modifier) in your country within 6 incidents.

Instead, it means you have to pick ONLY the options that increase your isolationism for the events that come from six incidents.

The achievement description should read "pick isolationist options only, for 6 incidents".

Please bug report in the bug forum and include the save if you believe you are not getting the achievement when you should :)
Having the save is imperative to look into things like these.

Instead, it means you have to pick ONLY the options that increase your isolationism for the events that come from six incidents.

The achievement description should read "pick isolationist options only, for 6 incidents".

This is not correct. What it means is you have to get the isolationist outcome in the incidents, that does not necessarily mean that you pick the isolationist choice every time (though that is a sure way to get it).
All incidents have 3 possible outcomes, one open, one neutral and one isolationist. Which one you get depends on the total sum of your choices (as is indicated by the tooltips when you make those choices).

Please bug report in the bug forum and include the save if you believe you are not getting the achievement when you should :)

This is not correct. What it means is you have to get the isolationist outcome in the incidents, that does not necessarily mean that you pick the isolationist choice every time (though that is a sure way to get it).
All incidents have 3 possible outcomes, one open, one neutral and one isolationist. Which one you get depends on the total sum of your choices (as is indicated by the tooltips when you make those choices).
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Merely needing to get the isolationist outcome from the incident is better from a gameplay perspective than needing to take every isolationist option. However, it makes me wonder why the tooltip says you need to go "full" isolationist.

If you're going specifically for the achievement I would probably go with the most isolationist option in all events either way, just to be sure. Some events push the outcome more than others and while this is indicated in the tooltips when it is so it can be hard to predict before actually getting the event. :)

If this is true, then the tooltip is even more misleading. "Full isolationist" implies you go as isolationist as possible, ie. you pick isolationist in every event (even if that has no more mechanical effect on your isolationism score). The tooltip should read something like "get the isolationist outcome in at least 6 incidents" or simply remove the misleading "full" to get "go isolationist in at least 6 incidents".

Thanks, I understand.

However, I still have a question. If i attained level 4 isolationism, the other events maybe not occur? because all doors are closed.

Thanks, I understand.

However, I still have a question. If i attained level 4 isolationism, the other events maybe not occur? because all doors are closed.

You still get the other incidents regardless of your level of isolationism.

If you're going specifically for the achievement I would probably go with the most isolationist option in all events either way, just to be sure. Some events push the outcome more than others and while this is indicated in the tooltips when it is so it can be hard to predict before actually getting the event. :)

I honestly think the achievement isn't working. Remember when I posted about it in a dev diary and you commented asking for clarification? I examined the save file a bit more and finally realized what happened.

The issue is that, to get the achievement (in 1.20 at least), you needed to go Closed Doors in exactly six incidents. If you got Closed in 4 (as I did), you wouldn't get the achievement even if you got Closed afterwards. This is not what the tooltips inform, and I'd guess it isn't WAD either.

I didn't get Sakoku Law achievement despite going isolationist in every option and I had 6 of 8 incidents firing. The proliferation of firearms incident won't fire. The end of the last incident was more than 40 years ago.

Attachments

• eu4_sakoku_law_bug_01.jpg
    eu4_sakoku_law_bug_01.jpg
    454,1 KB · Views: 34
  • eu4_sakoku_law_bug_02.jpg
    eu4_sakoku_law_bug_02.jpg
    468,3 KB · Views: 30
  • ashikaga_1_22_2.eu4
    5,2 MB · Views: 8
I didn't get this achievement merely because in 1of the 6 incidents that happened in my game (I formed Japan too realy for 1 of the 8 to be valid, and the last one (proliferation of firearms) always claimed in the tooltip that 30 years hadn't passed since the last incident despite the other incident claimign it was so and objectively more than 30 years had passed since the last one) I chose Shifting towards isolationist three times, as opposed to choosing isolationist twice and sharply isolationist once. I didn't except that moving towards isolationist in every event could cause a non-isolationist outcome but there it was. Oh well, would have to play Japan again without getting rid of daymios so soon, sicne I need to cherrypick a general too, so not too bad.

I didn't get Sakoku Law achievement despite going isolationist in every option and I had 6 of 8 incidents firing. The proliferation of firearms incident won't fire. The end of the last incident was more than 40 years ago.
I have a similar problem, although I only went isolationist in 5 out of 6 incidents yet (misjudged the Urbanization one :/ ). But I'm also waiting for the Proliferation incident to fire, even though the last incident fired more than 50 years ago:
eu4_45.png eu4_46.png

@Trin Tragula

Attachments

• Imagawa.eu4
    5,1 MB · Views: 4
I've found complaints about this but no answers. I'm mid-way through a game and about to form Japan, I'm at Closed Door, and I'd rather not continue if I know that this is bugged. Has anybody here made this actually work? If so, any specific tricks you need to do, like avoid Closed Door too early, or form Japan after event X, or what?

I got the achievement in my first try today. Just picked the most isolationist I could in all incidents and worked like a charm.

By the way, how does Japan go krishitan? I tried in earlier game and accepting rebel demands just made me lost prestige instead of converting religion.

By the way, how does Japan go krishitan? I tried in earlier game and accepting rebel demands just made me lost prestige instead of converting religion.
In order to change religion, more than 50% * of your provinces must be in your future religion (Catholic Christian, in this case). So you just need to have the special Japan event convert multiple provinces before you accept demands, or cause religious rebels to spawn and let them run rampant.

* Adjusted for development IIRC

To convert to a religion, you need to have more than half of your provinces be of that religion. Then only can you accept demands and change religion, if you have less than half your provinces you'll just get a bad modifier and a prestige loss.