I am not able to start a multiplayer game anymore my player gets overwritten

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mcguillan

Recruit
7 Badges
Jul 2, 2020
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
One line summary of your issue
I am not able to start a multiplayer game anymore my player gets overwritten

What platform are you running the game on?
steam

What operating system do you use?
win 10

Which version of the game are you running?
1.303 I think, the latest
What expansions do you have installed?
all
Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When I open an Online MP game and my friend enters my user disappears and I cannot choose myself again on the player list. We neither can start the game. This happent since the release of the last addon.
Have you tried verifying your files?
yes, all good
Steps to reproduce the issue
start a mp game

Attach DxDiag (PC) or System Info log (Mac)

Attach screenshot / video

Upvote 0
Multiplayer doesn’t work
A pretty annoying problem is that players can’t join a hosted game because the AI takes all the slots available. They can’t be removed from a certain slot, so a multiplayer game is impossible.

I cannot host a game for my friend. I tried to make a game with 8 players max. So we would want us two and 6 AI. But the AI instantly takes all the slots so my friend cannot join stating there isn’t enough player slots available. But I cannot remove the AI from a slot so it is basically impossible to do a multiplayer game because they cannot join until I get to the part where the AI fill all the slots.

Hey McGuillan, thanks for reaching out. When your friend joins are you still in the first position or did you move yourself to a different slot? Are you playing on the new Conquered World planet type or one of the others? Is it just you and your friend or are there multiple Human players involved?

Multiplayer doesn’t work
A pretty annoying problem is that players can’t join a hosted game because the AI takes all the slots available. They can’t be removed from a certain slot, so a multiplayer game is impossible.
Human Players will replace an AI player when joining, the number of free spots is visible on the lobby screen when selecting a game to join. Once a player has joined the host can swap the slot of any human player.

Hey Jordi, thanks for getting back to me.
When I open the game I am in first position with my username. The moment he joins he takes over 1st position and I am unable to add myself to any position anymore, even though my username appears in the dropdown. If I choose myself it simply displays the easy ki player as if I am not there anymore.
The same happens when my friend opens the game.
We tried it with start planet and city planet neither works.
Its just the two of us and we are trying different things for weeks now.

When I open the game I am in first position with my username. The moment he joins he takes over 1st position and I am unable to add myself to any position anymore, even though my username appears in the dropdown. If I choose myself it simply displays the easy ki player as if I am not there anymore.
Can you tell me what happens if you put yourself in a different/the second slot before you friend enters? Does it still replace you? And can you confirm that the version you (and your friend) see on the main menu is 1.302.42154.

I does not matter on which position I am the moment he joins the game I do disappear. I am on the latest version and I think he is too as we both got the DLC together, I asked him to be sure.

Alright so something is specifically replacing the host. Can you and your friend start the game in debug mode (found near the bottom of the Paradox Launcher) and reproduce the issue. Once the game as closed again you can find the log in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders Planetfall\Logs. Please send it to us at Logs@triumphstudios.com and we'll have a look at what it's reporting there.

We're still working on reproducing your issue, without being able to reproduce it we can't determine what is causing the issue. Can you or your friend try with a new paradox account, to see whether it persists? You can add a +whatever between your usual name and the @ to receive the activation email on your normal email.

I have the exact same problem as mcguillan, no matter who hosts, if my friend hosts, i join but i can not replace any of the ai and he cannot place me there either, if i host, he joins and replaces me and i cannot switch with any ai. So far we cannot find a solution, we both play on steam and our accounts are linked to steam, i tried veryfiing game integrity, disabling dlcs, checking game versions, re-linking accounts. We wanted to play together yesterday but we just couldnt so any help would be appreciated because its a very frustrating problem.

so are yall ever going to fix this stupid game or not? i hate wasting my money me and 5 of my friends can't play together because of this stupid bug switching everyone to AI when making a lobby i love these games but becasuse yall refuse to fix this issue with how long the game has been out shows yall dont give a damn about the players

so are yall ever going to fix this stupid game or not? i hate wasting my money me and 5 of my friends can't play together because of this stupid bug switching everyone to AI when making a lobby i love these games but becasuse yall refuse to fix this issue with how long the game has been out shows yall dont give a damn about the players
As the developers mentioned above, they were unable to duplicate the problem so could not fix it.

Nearly a year ago the game's development ceased so no more patches are possible:

Sorry about that!