I am not able to start a multiplayer game anymore my player gets overwritten

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Hey McGuillan, thanks for reaching out. When your friend joins are you still in the first position or did you move yourself to a different slot? Are you playing on the new Conquered World planet type or one of the others? Is it just you and your friend or are there multiple Human players involved?

Multiplayer doesn’t work
A pretty annoying problem is that players can’t join a hosted game because the AI takes all the slots available. They can’t be removed from a certain slot, so a multiplayer game is impossible.
Human Players will replace an AI player when joining, the number of free spots is visible on the lobby screen when selecting a game to join. Once a player has joined the host can swap the slot of any human player.

When I open the game I am in first position with my username. The moment he joins he takes over 1st position and I am unable to add myself to any position anymore, even though my username appears in the dropdown. If I choose myself it simply displays the easy ki player as if I am not there anymore.
Can you tell me what happens if you put yourself in a different/the second slot before you friend enters? Does it still replace you? And can you confirm that the version you (and your friend) see on the main menu is 1.302.42154.

Alright so something is specifically replacing the host. Can you and your friend start the game in debug mode (found near the bottom of the Paradox Launcher) and reproduce the issue. Once the game as closed again you can find the log in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders Planetfall\Logs. Please send it to us at Logs@triumphstudios.com and we'll have a look at what it's reporting there.

We're still working on reproducing your issue, without being able to reproduce it we can't determine what is causing the issue. Can you or your friend try with a new paradox account, to see whether it persists? You can add a +whatever between your usual name and the @ to receive the activation email on your normal email.