I am 100% new to grand strategy games besides stellaris. Main tips for dh?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any way to make nukes faster?

Attachments

• Screenshot (193).png
    Screenshot (193).png
    353,7 KB · Views: 0
I have pushed japan out of china.

Attachments

• Screenshot (190).png
    Screenshot (190).png
    383,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (191).png
    Screenshot (191).png
    559 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (192).png
    Screenshot (192).png
    479,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (193).png
    Screenshot (193).png
    353,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (194).png
    Screenshot (194).png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (195).png
    Screenshot (195).png
    637,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (196).png
    Screenshot (196).png
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (197).png
    Screenshot (197).png
    643,4 KB · Views: 0
Time to comence operation downfall, an invasion of japan. The weebs shall be no more!

japan surrendered. Probably gonna continue this game into the cold war. There are a lot of areas of tension for it.

Overall better then otl. I will give south korea back to the ROK and shanghai back to china but i just needed them for supply. In this timeline not as many soviet puppets in europe, ww2 in europe was a few months shorter, Nationalist china is in a good position to win the chinese civilw ar if it breaks out agian, the ROK will control more of korea, only 1 nuke instead of 2, etc. Japan is a puppet.

Also greater american empire. Lol with totally free and democratic pupe *gets shot by cia*

Attachments

• Screenshot (198).png
    Screenshot (198).png
    925,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (199).png
    Screenshot (199).png
    883,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (200).png
    Screenshot (200).png
    764,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Glad to see you were able to seal the deal. Good job!

Did the Japanese Army of Burma dig-in and wait for the end or make a break for Shanghai? I saw them doing both in different tests.

Dealing with 50 different TPs is a pain.

You were actually a hair's breadth from triggering the Russian attack event. That would have been an interesting time.

Last edited:
Glad to see you were able to seal the deal. Good job!

Did the Japanese Army of Burma dig-in and wait for the end or make a break for Shanghai? I saw them doing both in different tests.

Dealing with 50 different TPs is a pain.

You were actually a hair's breadth from triggering the Russian attack event. That would have been an interesting time.
I should be fine if the soviets pull somthing. I have the resources of most of europe and north africa and china behind me. Also france hates me because i gave their former colonies independence instead of giving them back to france. Im rping a USA thats less tollerant of colonalism. If only this game had more ahistorcial paths so there could be a 3 way cold war. USA and allies vs the french and brittish empires vs the USSR

As the USA is there a way to release iceland and greenland(got them through event)

(unless there is an event that I am unaware of) If you don't want to keep the Danish colonies or give them back, you will need to edit the save-game to revoke the cores.

Something like:
ctrl+f "capital = 1089"​
ctrl+f "claimed"​
Should get you within a few lines. The provinces in question are: 1, 3, & 1783.

Is there somewhere where i can get a list of events?

Also are heavy/super heavy tanks any good? Im building a few motorized/mechanized infantry with heavy/super heavy brigades. Wish there were heavy/super heavy divisions. Know its unrealistic but come on.

Noticed that in image 195 that there was a division from Abyssinia fighting as an USA ally in the China theater against Japan. Definitely looks like a neat campaign!

It seems that this thread has evolved into a sort-of after-action-report (AAR), which is notable concerning this thread started as an inquiry into Darkest Hour, and now it's kind of developed into a play-by-play (or AAR) of a particular scenario. Again, neat stuff! It can be enjoyable reading about how others think and implement their strategies in this community.

Regarding the super-heavy division:
While some may frown against them, have personally added a few heavy tank divisions to infantry in chokepoints and they do pack a heavy punch! Of course, they consume plenty of resources and oil (and may reduce speed), so they're probably only useful for countries that can produce ample supplies and oil.

It's funny to mention the super heavy divisions because have personally created battleship fleets, and also the heavy battleship (or super heavy battleship, forget the correct title) -- again, recognizing such a move would be frowned upon by other Armchair Generals in here. Nevertheless, gotta admit that the coastal firepower support from the BBs during naval invasions was noted!

The point is: go ahead and create some motorized divisions with heavy tank divisions (or a fleet of battleships!), why not? Either the move will be a waste of resources, or it'll end up creating breakthrough points when fighting against solid defensive positions. Who knows? There are so many circumstances to consider when one is in the midst of a scenario, often experimentation and trial-and-error is necessary.

Not sure about this question in terms of Darkest Hour vanilla. Personally created an event spreadsheet for a mod, however it seems that others were also working on such a list which may have worked out well considering both tables appear to list events not included in the other. In any case, not sure about a table or list of events for Darkest Hour vanilla.

/mods/DHfull/db/events is where the event files live (I was about to say 'just like EU2', but not everyone here is a old fart). Most of them have a summery of their contents at their start.

from hoi2.txt:
Code:
#######################################################################
### 2022017  HUN  Switching sides
### 2022018  ROM  Switching sides
### 2030005  FIN  Switching sides
### 2007060  SOV  New allies - Hungary
### 2007061  SOV  New allies - Romania
### 2007062  sOV  New allies - Finland
### 2049055  USA  Cold War gets hot
### 2007063  SOV  Cold War gets hot
### 2007064  SOV  Warsaw Uprising
### 2001066  ENG  Warsaw Uprising
### 2007065  SOV  Warsaw Uprising

It seems that this thread has evolved into a sort-of after-action-report (AAR), which is notable concerning this thread started as an inquiry into Darkest Hour, and now it's kind of developed into a play-by-play (or AAR) of a particular scenario. Again, neat stuff! It can be enjoyable reading about how others think and implement their strategies in this community.
If you haven't download his 'Great Wall of Poland' scenario (What if WWII, but everyone respected Polish neutrality.) earlier in the tread, give it whirl. It was super-fun.

If you haven't download his 'Great Wall of Poland' scenario (What if WWII, but everyone respected Polish neutrality.) earlier in the tread, give it whirl. It was super-fun.
Took a re-browse at the screenshots from earlier in the thread, and didn't notice that aspect of the campaign from earlier.
"Great Wall of Poland", very neat!

Was it the "Soviet Union_1942 Trench Warefare" 7zip file?
If so, made a note of it while marking it as a DH vanilla file. Considering all of the DH modding work that's still ongoing, need to be reminding that this thread concerns DH vanilla to prevent accidentally opening it with a different mod.

It's really neat that people share their saved scenarios for others to try!

Was it the "Soviet Union_1942 Trench Warefare" 7zip file?
If so, made a note of it while marking it as a DH vanilla file. Considering all of the DH modding work that's still ongoing, need to be reminding that this thread concerns DH vanilla to prevent accidentally opening it with a different mod.

It's really neat that people share their saved scenarios for others to try!
Yeah, that was the one. I think it was DH full (or at least that is how I played it).

Yeah that was actually a pretty fun game. Only issue is that due to a glitch the western allies did nothing and germany didnt ivnade them. WOuld have been a much more fun game if that happened. Maybe someone should make this a mod lol.

Last edited:
Also kinda wish there was an event exclusive to germany that allowed you to build the "Ultra heavy" Ratte tank. It would only be slightly faster then leg infantry but could basicly only be killed via bombers. And it would only have 1 or 2 per brigade.