Hundreds of New Mesoamerican Events, Ideas, and Flavor FOR YOU: Mesoamerica Universalis Declassified

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

0ranos

Corporal
61 Badges
May 29, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
Hello, folks!

Some years ago, I worked with a wonderful team on Mesoamerica Universalis: a complete overhaul of the game focused on the region, from 1426 onward. During that time, I was the preliminary researcher and content developer: I ended up writing over three hundred events for a variety of countries, cultures, and religions. Unfortunately, because of the (amicable) end of the project, none of those events were ever implemented.

So I am making that flavor content public. In the following folder, you can find all of the non-art flavor content which I (and others) ever produced for the project. That includes events, ideas, and UI descriptions and flavor. The most events were written for culture groups (Nahuatl, Purapecha, Yucatec, Highland Maya, etc) and 'Tier 1' and 'Tier 2' countries (Tenochtitlan, Texcoco, Tzintzuntzani, K'umarcaaj, etc). My hope when writing these events was to really immerse you in what is essentially a completely different world: an interconnected, vibrant, astoundingly diverse landscape which operated by its own rules, standards, and cultural moors.

Please use this content however you please. Modders and Paradox, if you're there, feel free to have it if you find anything you like. For those of you using the content in mods, please simply credit me and user Ballistic as part of the Mesoamerica Universalis team.

[Here] is the folder. I hope you enjoy reading about the World of the Fifth Sun.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Also NW nations should have any individual events and disasters after reformation. Even own birth of big heretics, great resistance to human sacrifices, fight on line "modernization to proto-nation vs tribalistic reaction" etc.