• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Still, it would make sense for the event to fire if BUR holds 411.

Does ENG frequently lose Normandie before 1427-30? I don't recall seeing that very often. I think we should have them in Normandie (413).

Still, it would make sense for the event to fire if BUR holds 411.

Does ENG frequently lose Normandie before 1427-30? I don't recall seeing that very often. I think we should have them in Normandie (413).

not my first choice, but better than placing the troops in england

hello, I have won the war with england, are there any further events? and about the crusade I conquered jerusale, but there were no events
Yes, there are and no, only one event related to crusade for England.

Can anyone tell me why England doesn't come over the channel?
Meanwhile I see troops from Connaught or Ulster trying to invade parts of France but England with it's huch amount of troops seems to sit around and does nothing.
Makes the outcome and the war itself a bit boring.

AI is not "very good" at transporting troops but values in AI files matter a lot too. We are trying to enhance this. See here.

I see a marked improvement since I removed the BUR from england's combat list. The ability to garrison its overseas lands in peace time is no issue. The ability to reinforce overseas lands in war is slightly improved, although I did see a marked improvement of recruiting in this overseas lands since the "BUR" was removed.

more work on garrison section plus further testing on "owner" in combat settings need to be done.

Can you explain the marked improvement? Is that independent of the other changes you were making to the English AI?

until I removed the BUR form combat list and amended the garrison settings,, I never got england creating troops in english held french lands.

I am still trying things out, but can say definitely that the removal of "BUR" greatly helped the english

why not the longbow event?

Hundred Years War:
25 October 1415, the Battle of Agincourt/Azincourt.

As you know, at that time the British appeared on the battlefield armed whit the inedited longbow , the arc length. Contraption which the French had not yet experienced the destructive power: considering it a simple bow and sure they defeats the enemy, they showed the middle finger to english (from here 'the finger'), while whit other hand made a sign to cut it. In essence, they mocked the English, promising them, once taken prisoner after the inevitable victory, cutting off his finger so as to prevent, in future, to pull the bow . Some French, more swaggering than others, went further, expressing by gestures to the Henry V 's archers intention to cut them even arm. And from here the "umbrella act" (Bras d'honneur) .The great weapon of the English army were archers.They used the index finger and middle finger every time they shoot an arrow.It was for this that every archer captured by the French were amputated fingers.From this episode comes the gesture of the middle finger and index finger raised with the back of hand.This was in fact the act ,that the English archers not captured by the French,showed to enemies before every battle,the classic "V" still used
in a gesture of victory.
(Needless remind to readers that for the French of Charles VI was the debacle: left on the field over 10 thousand men against the 500 British dead. But we must add that "la Pucelle d'Orléans" in October 1415 was three years old. At thirteen she began to hear 'voices' and seventeen stormed Orleans washing so the shame of Agincourt/Azincourt).

Last edited:
Hundred Years War:
25 October 1415, the Battle of Agincourt/Azincourt.

As you know, at that time the British appeared on the battlefield armed whit the inedited longbow , the arc length. Contraption which the French had not yet experienced the destructive power: considering it a simple bow and sure they defeats the enemy, they showed the middle finger to english (from here 'the finger'), while whit other hand made a sign to cut it. In essence, they mocked the English, promising them, once taken prisoner after the inevitable victory, cutting off his finger so as to prevent, in future, to pull the bow . Some French, more swaggering than others, went further, expressing by gestures to the Henry V 's archers intention to cut them even arm. And from here the "umbrella act" (Bras d'honneur) .The great weapon of the English army were archers.They used the index finger and middle finger every time they shoot an arrow.It was for this that every archer captured by the French were amputated fingers.From this episode comes the gesture of the middle finger and index finger raised with the back of hand.This was in fact the act ,that the English archers not captured by the French,showed to enemies before every battle,the classic "V" still used
in a gesture of victory.
(Needless remind to readers that for the French of Charles VI was the debacle: left on the field over 10 thousand men against the 500 British dead. But we must add that "la Pucelle d'Orléans" in October 1415 was three years old. At thirteen she began to hear 'voices' and seventeen stormed Orleans washing so the shame of Agincourt/Azincourt).

In the normal Grand Campaign play starts on Januar 1419 - 5 years after the battle of Agincourt. What should that longbow event you describe still do after that time?

In the normal Grand Campaign play starts on Januar 1419 - 5 years after the battle of Agincourt. What should that longbow event you describe still do after that time?

Indeed: wikipedia says that Agincourt was the last successful use of the longbow, and its effectivity declined in the 1420s.

Moreover, the whole idea that the French would cut fingers off their prisoners and that's why English use the V-sign is an apocryphal patriotic story which appeared in the 1970s. They didn't take prisoners from the commoners in those days, only from the nobility where they could get a ransom. Bowmen, the lowest rank of infantry, would have just been slaughtered.