• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WSD_GB

Private
May 17, 2020
So recently I’ve been excited for this huge new update (March 25th) thinking as well as all the new content, it’d fix one of the biggest annoyances bug wise in the game. When you go to declare war, “you do not have any allies” is shown when you hover over invite attackers, you cannot currently invite anyone to help you in wars unless they are in a federation with you and are forced to help if the vote passes. It’s been this way since august 2020 and it annoys the hell out of me. AI can invite you whenever they want to regardless of their opinions of you, but even if you have a defensive pact with them and they have +300< opinion with a mutual casus beli , you still cannot even see them as an “ally” and cannot ask them to join you in a war?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi. Just started with diplomacy and found you can trade "favors". Can you use these to invite them?
Unfortunately not, they’re used exclusively to gain diplomatic weight in the galactic community as far as I’m aware. There is currently no way on console to initiate war and invite other empires, what should happen is when you press invite attackers a screen would pop up saying who you can invite and wether they would or not with a tick or cross, this UI does not exist on console or is bugged to not come up

• 1Like
Reactions:

Here is an older report on it too

It's working now! Don't know if you need ancient relics but I can invite AI empires to wars now. :D
e7849068-0eba-4ae2-a763-7b8210fd3b24.png