HSL Lead Writer, Creative Director, PDX Producer all fired from Bloodlines 2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed the key point. She removed from her social media info about her work on the VtMBL2. The only sane reason to do that - her disbelief in the project quality.

That's true. That's like saying "I don't want to be credited with this or be associated with it." Most game devs wouldn't do that - getting credit is gold.

Reactions:
Then stay away from Cyberpunk 2077 because CDPR is racist but ok...
Literally has nothing to do with what I said and more like the conditions to which they subject their employees are unethical and the human toll isn't justified because I got to play da vidya game sooner ala RDR2, and these conditions will eventually come to a head and result in a worse world for people who play games, the respective IPs, and of course the developers like it has for so many other studios like EA, but ok gamer.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Literally has nothing to do with what I said and more like the conditions to which they subject their employees are unethical and the human toll isn't justified because I got to play da vidya game sooner ala RDR2, and these conditions will eventually come to a head and result in a worse world for people who play games, the respective IPs, and of course the developers like it has for so many other studios like EA, but ok gamer.
CDPR did crunch too...theyre not good. So what are you on about? VTMB2 to will come out next year and we will see how it turns out then.

Reactions:
This is getting off-topic. Original post was not about Cara leaving HSL and crawling over her social media and discussing it isn't helping it.

Please stay on topic.

Reactions:
I don't know if It's considered "crawling" over social media if someone publicly posts something or removes something that was formerly there and visible to the public because that's clearly an intentional action on their part.

That's what social media is, and it's part of the contract with the social space... if you share with the world, well, that's on you and it's not a matter of a person's privacy if they choose to share it with the world.

The fact she took that "risk" to do it is telling, though, but I don't want to keep driving that point home, and this is just my opinion.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I don't know if It's considered "crawling" over social media if someone publicly posts something or removes something that was formerly there and visible to the public because that's clearly an intentional action on their part.

That's what social media is, and it's part of the contract with the social space... if you share with the world, well, that's on you and it's not a matter of a person's privacy if they choose to share it with the world.

The fact she took that "risk" to do it is telling, though, but I don't want to keep driving that point home, and this is just my opinion.

When developers move onto new projects they change their social media to reflect this all the time. Cara herself has commentated that folks are making a big deal over nothing (in regards to the fact she hasn't updated her Wiki so folks think she's removed Bloodlines 2 from it even though it was never there).

That's it, that's all there is to it.

Reactions:
When developers move onto new projects they change their social media to reflect this all the time. Cara herself has commentated that folks are making a big deal over nothing (in regards to the fact she hasn't updated her Wiki so folks think she's removed Bloodlines 2 from it even though it was never there).

That's it, that's all there is to it.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but MANY game developers DO list all their past titles on their Twitter profiles (and they rarely delete them unless it was a bad experience or they want to distance themselves from the project).

This is because they are on social media to engage with fans and get feedback on their games and increase awareness of their work (this isn't a bad thing)... but they can only do if people can "search" for their credits in their bio and support them. Does that make sense?

People also can't update their own Wiki, IIRC - what quote are you referring to? Maybe Cara got it wrong (a link is fine).

Again, not trying to be difficult, just offering a different perspective.

Reactions:
I'm not trying to be difficult, but MANY game developers DO list all their past titles on their Twitter profiles (and they rarely delete them unless it was a bad experience or they want to distance themselves from the project).

This is because they are on social media to engage with fans and get feedback on their games and increase awareness of their work (this isn't a bad thing)... but they can only do if people can "search" for their credits in their bio and support them. Does that make sense?

People also can't update their own Wiki, IIRC - what quote are you referring to? Maybe Cara got it wrong (a link is fine).

Again, not trying to be difficult, just offering a different perspective.

Many do and many don't, I only have my profile listing my current job as do many other developers I know. Because Cara changed hers please don't read into it anymore than that.

Regarding to wiki (yes, I meant that no one had updated hers and folks are taking the non-update as if something was removed, from what I've seen from conversations).

image0.jpg

I don't really want to have to keep talking about this, we're all going round in circles and there's nothing more to be said.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
BTW, I was re-reading the Glassdoor reviews for both Paradox and Hardsuit again because they were bugging me (there's a lot of specific details), and I don't think the most recent negative Hardsuit one is Cara.

First off, it isn't funny or has any energy at all (she seems to), and second, I never got the impression that Cara and Mitsoda didn't get along.... er, quite the opposite, in fact. I don't think she would call him a "bad actor" and has had nothing but praise for him.

Also, I know people can lie on Glassdoor (shocker) but the review also seems strongly anti-contractor and anti-writer, which also doesn't feel very Cara. They are so anti-contractor, in fact, it almost feels like jealousy, but even that doesn't make sense. It feels more like an actual game designer, if at all.

But I'm not Cara, so take that with a grain of salt as to her writing style and approach. Sad she's gone, and sad we found out now, would have been better to find out when it happened (could have gotten all the bad news out at once).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
You know, since discusing "Cara" is derailing, I'll just make another thread and solve it. It doesn't really matter for this thread beyond I wonder who the new writers are.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.