How's the state of Tyranny regarding bugs now? Should i wait?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vjeldan

Captain
94 Badges
May 9, 2016
  • Age of Wonders
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Battle for Bosporus
Should i wait for patches to come before delving into the game, or is it good as it is now?

I've waited to play Tyranny since i knew there will be an expansion that adds into the story, not after the story.
I want to play this game in it's completed glory.

Also, how are the chances for another DLC that explores the rest of the possible party-members? I read bastards wound only covers 3 out of 6, and Tales of the Tiers too is not covering them. Does this feel unfinished, or does the difference feel alright, as some characters are simply more important?

Should i wait even longer?

Please no spoilers :)

There's a spot for a second dlc on the main menu, so the other 3 should be covered later.

The base game is relatively bug free at this point. The DLC is buggy as hell. A lot of us have hit a bug that stops all progression in it.

Sneak attack bug makes the game very annoying atm.
You can't use Sneak attack or your char will be silly op in no time. (you keep the damage and acc bonus after attacking and it stacks)

Thanks.

*Sigh*
More waiting to get the full game experience. :confused:

Feels like if i start the game now, it would be like reading an early exposé of a book with some chapters missing and a lot of character development not yet in place. Mh..

Given when and where the bugs seem to be, you could probably start a new game and whet your appetite by doing Act I. There's not much DLC content going on there, so it's fairly bug free at this point (and it is highly unlikely to get any DLC-added companion quests. Two of the remaining ones without them aren't even recruited until Act II, and the only one that is is only recruited towards the very end of Act I). I wouldn't hold off for a third DLC to add the remaining 3 - while I certainly hope one is coming and have tried to contribute to the possibility by my purchases, it'd be a fair ways away, unlike bugfixes.

Obsidian and Paradox rarely release anything that isn't hopelessly riddled in bugs. Tyranny's team is especially slow at fixing them, so I'd always recommend waiting at least a month after release for them to fix things.

If this sounds bad, it is, but both studios have been cranking out broken products for decades now.

Tyranny was in a pretty good spot until the expansion came out. :p

Still, if you don't plan on using Barik you can start playing and maybe the DLC bugs will be fixed by the time you reach it.