• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I can't help but notice that I have a very limited selection of avatars to choose from, whereas other posters appear to have a much wider choice (particularly relating to EUIV flags, ironically). What governs the lists of galleries and/or ability to upload custom avatars? Is it number of games owned, or posts made, or something else? Thanks :)

(particularly relating to EUIV flags, ironically).
There are no EU4 avatars aside from the women in history ones.

What decides which avatars you get are which games you own and have registered here on the fora. Avatars are tied to specific games (and in a few cases expansions too IIRC) and to be able to use them you need to have said game registered.
To get a custom avatar you either need to become part of the staff---or reach 3000 posts before something like 2008...:p

What gives access to most if not all EU avatars is EU3 and possibly some of it's expansions too. (I have this feeling that DW or HTTT came with avatars.) If you want those avatars then you should be able to acquire it cheaply next time there's a sale.

or reach 3000 posts before something like 2008...:p
No need to twist the knife in the wound, mate... only some managed to keep 'em.. most of us, poor lot, lost them long ago...

No need to twist the knife in the wound, mate... only some managed to keep 'em.. most of us, poor lot, lost them long ago...
Sorry what was that? I couldn't hear it over the sound of my glorious avatar. :p

(Love you gigau!)

Can someone tell me where the advanced button is when writing an AAR? Thank you
What in particular are you looking for?

There is more options at the bottom right of the reply window, but that doesn't really give much more things---it's main use is to get the preview option. The advanced things of the old forum simply don't exist anymore. And afaik you for instance can't make any kinds of tables anymore.

Oh I see. Can you inform me on how to insert pictures? Whenever i upload a jpg. file, it simply puts a link to the attachment on the post.
You do get the attachment attached? I.e. there is a small box below the reply box with the attachment name? Then blick the name of the attachment. It's a link and will open a new tab which is the direct link to the attachment. Then you just insert that like any other link. Alternatively you can click the insert attachment button, though in my experience that doesn't always work. The other way is sturdier and not really more labor intensive.

If you can't get it to work then don't be afraid to ask again.

Today I got a new follower. An account who did not post even 1 message and whom I do not know with a commercial homepage so probably an advertising spam creep.

I know how to follow someone or stop following someone - but how to I stop someone from following me? Is the only way to use the "ignore" feature or is there an "make that accont unfollow me"?

Today I got a new follower. An account who did not post even 1 message and whom I do not know with a commercial homepage so probably an advertising spam creep.

I know how to follow someone or stop following someone - but how to I stop someone from following me? Is the only way to use the "ignore" feature or is there an "make that accont unfollow me"?
When on this profile, you have the option to report him. A moderator or admin can take a look and see if account is legit or not.

Already did it for him, as it seems a commercial account indeed.

Not sure there is a way to have someone not follow you though.

hey, y-a-ll. happen to like/have liked game(in paradox case, specifically) HoI, had 1 and 2. nice game play, and fairly steady flow in game. only when the air war starts, it gets whether slow or needs attention over how wide and area, and important.

hey, y-a-ll. happen to like/have liked game(in paradox case, specifically) HoI, had 1 and 2. nice game play, and fairly steady flow in game. only when the air war starts, it gets whether slow or needs attention over how wide and area, and important.
I think this post belongs to the forum of the HoI game you are refering to.

How can a forum member start a sixth group?

5 appears to be a maximum limit to the number of groups that a person can start.

Our gaming group plays Paradox games and discusses strategies using the group feature of this XenForo software package.

But then we run out of the ability to make groups, given that for each game, we start a new group dedicated to that 1 to 3 week long game.

5 is indeed the maximum as we don't want users to create new groups over and over instead of actually using the ones they create.

Our gaming group plays Paradox games and discusses strategies using the group feature of this XenForo software package.

But then we run out of the ability to make groups, given that for each game, we start a new group dedicated to that 1 to 3 week long game.
Isn't it better that you just delete your old groups then? That should allow you to create new ones.

• Is there an archivist in the house?
Isn't it better that you just delete your old groups then? That should allow you to create new ones.

Deleting old groups might be a solution.

However, the groups contain important information that advances the art of wargaming.

In order to preserve these historically significant e-documents, the groups should not be deleted.

:)