• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shkeke

Private
49 Badges
Jul 19, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Island Bound
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I have never updated a ck2 mod before, but from what I read on the wikiI should have an update button on the publish page, I don't see an update button where I think I should have one, what do I do?

From another thread that i replied to:

You just need the paste with the mod content and a .mod archive with something like this written:

name="Name to be displayed on steam"
path="mod/paste_with_mod"
picture="preview.jpg" (this is optional, you can upload images in the steam workshop page, it's easier)
}

I have never updated a ck2 mod before, but from what I read on the wikiI should have an update button on the publish page, I don't see an update button where I think I should have one, what do I do?

Haven't updated a mod on the Workshop for a while, but from what i recall..

- Need to be not (!) subscribed to your mod.
- Have your (unpacked) mod folder and *.mod file inside the "mod" folder in Documents.
- The *.mod file should include the "path" instead of "archive" line and no "*.zip" for the mod name.
- Do not have any older version of the mod in the folder (file, folder or zip).
The mod has to have the same file name as the old version, if i remember correctly.
- Don't have a descriptor file included.

See also as mentioned above by marcosfreitas :

This may solve your problem.

Search for this post in the forum: "A soultion for updating mods on Steam Workshop from a new/different PC".

Strangely I can't post links.

You need a few more posts before you can do so. A bot prevention mechanic of the forum.
Don't worry, shouldn't be that many more posts required. Ahandful or so.

Here is the link : (good post by Aerotinge)

• 1Like
Reactions:
This may solve your problem.

Search for this post in the forum: "A soultion for updating mods on Steam Workshop from a new/different PC".

Strangely I can't post links.
I checked out the page it is certainly my problem but sadly although I could publish a new version and update that one, if I deleted it on the steam workshop then I could not update (to the original mod or the new deleted one) anymore. I was wondering if anyone had the technical knowledge to know where perhaps the steam links are stored in files to the uploaded mods so perhaps I could swap it out to link to my original steam upload?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/posts/27856869/edit
Yeah so to clarify my problem I can publish and update a (new) mod but somehow the game has unlinked the mod files from its memory of the steam workshop item so I can no longer update that specific steam workshop mod.
I checked out the page it is certainly my problem but sadly although I could publish a new version and update that one, if I deleted it on the steam workshop then I could not update (to the original mod or the new deleted one) anymore. I was wondering if anyone had the technical knowledge to know where perhaps the steam links are stored in files to the uploaded mods so perhaps I could swap it out to link to my original steam upload?

.... if I deleted it on the steam workshop then I could not update (to the original mod or the new deleted one) anymore.

You deleted the mod on the Workshop and then intended to update it ???

How do you expect to update something that doesn't exist anymore ?
You are not supposed to delete the mod on the Workshop, only to unsubscribe, assuming you have your own mod subscribed.

You are supposed to delete the local copy of it in the 'mod' folder in Documents.
Then do the udpate as with the first upload.
Move the unpacked variant of it in there with the mod file including a 'path' line instead of 'archive'.

I didn't respond to the rest of your post and the next one, as i didn't understand that.
Didn't make sense to me, sorry.
Anyway, good luck.

Last edited:
You deleted the mod on the Workshop and then intended to update it ???

How do you expect to update something that doesn't exist anymore ?
You are not supposed to delete the mod on the Workshop, only to unsubscribe, assuming you have your own mod subscribed.

You are supposed to delete the local copy of it in the 'mod' folder in Documents.
Then do the udpate as with the first upload.
Move the unpacked variant of it in there with the mod file including a 'path' line instead of 'archive'.

I didn't respond to the rest of your post and the next one, as i didn't understand that.
Didn't make sense to me, sorry.
Anyway, good luck.
No you do not understand. Read the guide that the other guy referred to, I could no longer update my mod for some reason so I published a new one according to the linked guide, the guide then said to delete the new version and I should be able to update the original one, this hasn't worked. Now do you understand my trouble?

No you do not understand. Read the guide that the other guy referred to, I could no longer update my mod for some reason so I published a new one according to the linked guide, the guide then said to delete the new version and I should be able to update the original one, this hasn't worked. Now do you understand my trouble?

I wrote a reponse but i suppose we had a misunderstanding and Aerotinge can likely answer your questions
in a better way, so ill ping him.

@Aerotinge to the rescue please.