• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Harasdar

Sergeant
46 Badges
Mar 26, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Hi all,

I bought the complete version at Gamersgate. I installed all expansions (even several times, because I thought I forgot Kingmaker), but I don't know where or how to start the Kingmaker Campaign. I can play all others...original, Battles and Monsterkingdom. Even in the screen where you can choose between the expansions there is no option for Kingmaker.

Thanks for your help!!!
Harasdar

If you look in the install folder, can you find a M2Editor.exe there? That is the map editor that gets installed with Kingmaker, I'm just trying to find out where the problem lies.

I have same problem, no Kingmaker listed anywhere.Reinstalled twice and still nothing. I can see M2Editor.exe in game folder.

**Update***

I got it working by installing Ardania, then Kingmaker, then Ardania again and Monster Kingdoms in the end. All 3 expansions are showing up and are playable now...weird..

Last edited:
I am also one of the people who can't start Kingmaker. At first, Majesty 2 gave me an error message regarding the editor and something about "file integrity" or so (as described in another thread here). I resolved that issue by installing Kingmaker without the editor. But I didn't see the Kingmaker expansion anywhere. Then I installed the other 2 expansions and saw them listed on the start menu. Still no Kingmaker. Then I followed the advice (see above) to (re-) install Majesty 2, then Battles of Ardania, then Kingmaker, then Battles of Ardania again and finally Monster Kingdoms. But I could still see the last two expansions only, no Kingmaker.

I purchased the Majesty 2 games from Gamersgate (and noticed Majesty 2 has the Impulse dll's - how comes? :)).

That's unfortunate. Maybe someone tells us how he/she managed to use Kingmaker.
For example: Does the editor play a role at all? I myself have declined to install it, after I had seen those error message regarding "integrity". What about OS, graphic cards, ...? I have a triple core AMD 2100, 4 GB RAM, ATI graphics card, plenty of disk space. Moreover, as I said above, Majesty 2 from Gamersgate is not the original version, but the Impulse version (ImpulseReactor.dll and ImpulseOverlay.dll are present). Whatever this means for the business relationships of Gamersgate and GameStop / Impulse, could this have something to do with the Kingmaker issue? Has anyone been able to use Kingmaker with the Impulse Majesty 2 at all?

Regarding a refund: I don't doubt that Gamersgate would give me a refund, but I don't want it. I purchased Kingmaker at 1.25 EUR and would survive the loss even if the issue would never be resolved. On the other hand, imagine I received a refund, and out of a sudden there was a solution ...! I'm willing to take the risk.

Edit: I still don't know where and how I am supposed to start the Kingmaker campaign: Is there a "Kingmaker" entry in the start menu (where you choose between Majesty 2 and the other expansions)? Or do you launch Majesty 2 and select Kingmaker via the Campaign menu?

Last edited: