• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Passepartout

Shah Space Invader
7 Badges
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
Hi folks

In a fit of nostalgia for the prime days of the Paradox fora, I decided to log on and look at some old AARs from the early 2000s. However, it seems that when I navigate to the EU2 AAR forum (and the EU1 forum and probably a few others which I haven't checked) I am told that "there are no threads to display." Now, given that I frequent Paradoxia somewhat less than I have in the past, I am unsure of how to work around this problem and am wondering if there is a quick fix that anyone knows of?

Thanks y'all.

Thread Display Options > Since: Forever > Set Options

upload_2016-8-20_19-40-28.png

upload_2016-8-20_19-40-48.png

I accept payments of gratitude primarily in the form of craft beers and wine.

Reactions:
I noticed this some time ago and while it can indeed be set, I find I must set it each time I visit and for each individual subforum regardless of whether I stay logged in or not. Searched in my account settings and did not see a way to set thread options forum wide as we used to be able to do. While not really a problem, I have noticed that this effects the stickies just as much as other threads, thus unless people know this and set their thread display options each time they visit, they do not see said stickies unless they are updated in the last year or so (i.e. the fAARq or your welcome threads) causing a necessary "bump" and thereby defeating the purpose of making them a stickied thread in the first place. Not quite WAD I would presume. ;)

Despite following your instructions, this doesn't work for me. It seems it doesn't apply the changes I make to the filter.

Also, another question: if I want to access the AAR section of the older forum, it redirects me to the current/new one. Any way to still be able to enter the old AAR forum?

Thanks in advance.

Despite following your instructions, this doesn't work for me. It seems it doesn't apply the changes I make to the filter.

Also, another question: if I want to access the AAR section of the older forum, it redirects me to the current/new one. Any way to still be able to enter the old AAR forum?

Thanks in advance.
You will have to do it in each subforum and each time you log in or switch between them. However, once it has worked for you, what you see here is exactly the old subforum. All threads and most links seem to have ported over by now.

Reactions:
You will have to do it in each subforum and each time you log in or switch between them. However, once it has worked for you, what you see here is exactly the old subforum. All threads and most links seem to have ported over by now.
Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.