• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kallocain

Executive Producer
22 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Divine Wind
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Legio
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Here is how to search the paradox forums (thanks sneezinglion).

Open a browser. Go to www.google.com.
Put this as your first search term: "site:forum.paradoxplaza.com" then put in your search terms.

For instance to find an AAR for HOI2: Doomsday that mentions Bhutan click here: google search example

Searching this way also gives you more results than the vBulletin search would. Example: if you write hoi in Google you will get hoi, hoi3, hoi2 results and so on. This does not work with the vBulleting search. There you would only get hoi. And if you just want the hoi results in Google, you enter it like this: "hoi ". See the little space before the second "? That is the trick.

I hope this helps.

Forum search takes up a lot of the forum's resources, meaning lots of downtime or "server overloaded" messages. That's why it's been removed since... EUIII's release? Maybe earlier.

what a joke, i cant remember the last time i used a forum that didn't have a search function- its a basic requirement for a forum...

google- pfft! sort it out chaps, not like you dont have the resources/money or knowhow to implement this..

Server Resources? Are you kidding me?

Server search resources are a very small investment in support of your product. In fact it is a foolish investment to NOT have search because it cuts down on the Human Resources that are required to address users directly when they cant find something through search.

Are you kidding me?
:eek:

What is the REAL reason search was left out?

Resource drain? Seriously, you guys cannot afford a server that can survive some searchers? I know a bunch of free boards with similar amount of users that somehow manage to do it.