How to rollback to a previous patch version

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Timaeus

General
32 Badges
Jan 4, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris
If needed here is how to rollback to, or stay with, a previous version of the game. Modding is still not supported, but if you're worried about a new patch causing problems with your mods this should help by allowing you to stick with your choice of patch level.

Modding is now supported! Enjoy!

Most platforms do offer a way to run prior versions of the game on an opt-in basis (by default they will stay patched to the latest version).

Steam
Right click BATTLETECH choose Properties -> BETAS tab -> Select in the dropdown the version of the game you want to roll back to.

index.php

GOG Galaxy
More -> Settings -> Uncheck "Automatically update to newest version" -> Click the radio button for the version you want to install.

index.php

Paradox Plaza Launcher
Game Settings -> Click the Install button next to the version you want to install.

index.php

Last edited:
What do we do when there's no drop down options in the BETAS list on Steam? How else can we revert to an earlier version than the current?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 11.37.49.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 11.37.49.png
    425,4 KB · Views: 290
Can't tell from that screenshot what's actually available. You do have to click the dropdown to see the options. Selecting one will start a download to patch you to that version.

I can confirm all these beta branches are public without passwords, so you should see them. If not you may need to take it up with Steam's support.

@Hobby I had the same issue and determined that I was unable to rollback to a previous patch because the game was running in the background. Once I closed the game, I was immediately able to pull up the list of patches. It made a lot of sense once I figured it out.
I'd highly recommend reinstalling the mod afterwards to ensure no further problems. Game w/mod is working fine for me now.

Regarding Roll Back - do i need the old Version have been installed at some Point?
Or can i chosse what Version i want to install on a fresh install as i have recently upgraded my PC to a Ryzen 3600 (that one does not Sweat anymore playing Battletech as my FX8350 did) and GOG Galaxy 2.0 only gives me the Option to install Version 1.9.1 of the game.

I ask that bcs i would like to play the game with the Extended 3025 Commander Edition mod that does not run (at least not without major flaws) with 1.9.x so far.

Many thx.

Regarding Roll Back - do i need the old Version have been installed at some Point?
Or can i chosse what Version i want to install on a fresh install as i have recently upgraded my PC to a Ryzen 3600 (that one does not Sweat anymore playing Battletech as my FX8350 did) and GOG Galaxy 2.0 only gives me the Option to install Version 1.9.1 of the game.

I ask that bcs i would like to play the game with the Extended 3025 Commander Edition mod that does not run (at least not without major flaws) with 1.9.x so far.

Many thx.
It's only whatever versions are offered to roll back to. It's not dependent on what you've previously had installed.