• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello All,

Can someone help me with the versions in Imperator?

So the meander update went out and I wanted to go back to older version to be able to play my save. I entered the BETA section on steam and selected 1.4.2 - this is the version of the save - as I checked with text editor in save file.
Unfortunately the game won't start with error "invalid app configuration".
I bought the game in humble bundle.

BR

Hello All,

So the meander update went out and I wanted to go back to older version to be able to play my save. I entered the BETA section on steam and selected 1.4.2 - this is the version of the save - as I checked with text editor in save file.

BR
Having the same trouble, working on fixing it, will report back.

Hello All,

BR
Having the same trouble, working on fixing it, will report back.
Workaround:

Choose the beta you want. Let that install.

Uninstall the game.

Delete the Imperator folder in the SteamApps folder.

Delete everything from the Imperator folder in My Documents/Paradox Interactive (but you can leave the save games folder).

Reinstall Imperator through steam.

Click "properties".

Click "Local files"

Click "Browse Local files"

Open the "binaries" folder.

Launch using the exe.

Edit: Launcher should be working now, but leaving this here in case it helps someone.

Last edited:
Is there a way to rollback an update through the xbox game pass like you can through steam? I'm playing CK3 with Princes of Darkness via game pass but the 1.1.* update broke the mod, and I want to go back to 1.0.* until the mod can catch up.

Is there a way to rollback an update through the xbox game pass like you can through steam? I'm playing CK3 with Princes of Darkness via game pass but the 1.1.* update broke the mod, and I want to go back to 1.0.* until the mod can catch up.
MS do not provide any mechanism to to that, sorry.

I have successfully reverted to the older version, check my game files but my savegame still doesn't work... :(
Please post in the tech support forum of whichever game you are referring to, thanks.

How do I roll back a CK3 game that is on gamepass? Gamepass doesn't have the same properties menu as Steam does.
Please see my post #107 above.

Hello, I was advised by the Update-Post to reroll my version to 1.30.5 (Rollback), so my savefile doesn't corrupt again with this new version? However, when I go through the steps as stated in this threads first post I can't get the correct version. I entered the key, and selected 1.30.5, however it doesn't matter what version I choose it will ALWAYS roll the version back to 1.9.2. Is there anything I can do to change the version? So on the top it will say 1.30.5, the key below it, and then: Opt into: 1.9.2. Is this because of the key? I can choose any version it just will always go to 1.9.2 no matter what.

The funny thing is I didn't even have the game when 1.9.2 was live.

*Edit*
I just found out that the first time I'am forced to click "Opt into: 1.9.2" (whilst I've selected 1.30.5 in the drop down menu), it actually does loads the 1.30.5 version on your game. If you, like me the first time, try to do it again than for some reason in changes to 1.9.2.
In conclusion I think that sometimes when you press "Opt into 1.9.2" it changes to your preferred version? Just check behind the words "Europa Universalis IV" in Steam to see what version is loaded on

*Edit 2*
Nevermind, all of the investigation was for nothing, because I cannot seem to load my DLC's that I obtain through my subscription into older versions. I will only play my current save I guess and hope I finish it before a re-roll ...

Last edited:
When I try to link with Steam account it tells me that my account is already linked, but it isn't :(
It certainly will be! Please lodge a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com with details of the Steam account involved, thanks.

Hello! First time poster here. I was able to revert back, following the steps here. *phew* I just have two questions.

1. "And as usual, we recommend that you complete any ongoing saves that you want to finish in the previous version of the game (1.27.2) before updating." Excuse me, but what? "Oh, there's gonna be an update in five minutes, I better hurry and finish these remaining 200 years of the game before that"...
  2. To prevent this from happening again, is there a way to prevent automatic updates

Hello! First time poster here. I was able to revert back, following the steps here. *phew* I just have two questions.

1. "And as usual, we recommend that you complete any ongoing saves that you want to finish in the previous version of the game (1.27.2) before updating." Excuse me, but what? "Oh, there's gonna be an update in five minutes, I better hurry and finish these remaining 200 years of the game before that"...
  2. To prevent this from happening again, is there a way to prevent automatic updates
1. just make sure you revert before loading the ongoing campaign

2. Steam provide no way of preventing updates entirely, unless you keep it in offline mode all the time. The only options they provide are that an update apply as soon as released, or when you next play the game.

How can I roll back to the version before Leviathan? I was playing a CK3-EUIV imported game but I can't load it now? So I have to go back to 1.30.6? Where can I get the code?

Nevermind regarding above, I've rolled back and it works. Thanks for the instructions.

Last edited:
Why can't I roll back to EU IV 1.6.x anymore? Even 1.8.x is on the list but the code does work only for 1.9.2 or higher.
What is the benefit for Paradox to eliminate the old versions, nobody has to play them, but why shouldn't one be able to?

• 1Like
Reactions: