• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I'm trying to access CK2 2.8.3.3 or 2.8.3.2, but it seems like I am missing it in my steam beta section.

Attached is a picture showing what I mean

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    52,5 KB · Views: 119
So I'm trying to access CK2 2.8.3.3 or 2.8.3.2, but it seems like I am missing it in my steam beta section.

Attached is a picture showing what I mean

Any ideas?

None are there.
2.8.3.4 is the one for you.
Should also be compatible with any mod variant for aforementioned patches.

Why do I get an invalid beta code message? Its not showing the earlier versions :(
I don't know, it works for others okay. You are pasting the code in, not retyping it?

Not sure what you are quoting here, but it's not the opening post.
Whatever...
1. Well that's what reverting is for, right ? To finish a game which might otherwise have cmpatibility problems on a new patch.
2. You can still revert, when the update happened or not, so you do not neccessarily need to prevent it, as long as you recognise when it happens.
Anyway, how to prevent updates : Start the game from inside Steam, to see when a warning about updates shows at "Play".
To get that warning, right click the game in Steam Libray-> Properties -> Updates tab - "Automatic updates": select "Only update this game when i launch it".
You'll get aforementioend warning. Then you can either check the News or the forum for what kind of update there is to happen and if you care and if it's a compatibility risk
or just go straight to Betas and select the most fitting patch.
OK, thanks!

I'm finished with my previous game now and I'm trying to get the latest update now, but when I go to the betas tab, the only options I have there are none, version 1.27.2 and open_beta. What am I supposed to do?
EU4-Steam.jpg

OK, thanks!

I'm finished with my previous game now and I'm trying to get the latest update now,...

Regular official patch 3.01 by selecting "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs", which is likely your first option there,
as you won't be using a beta variant anymore.

The beta for 3.011 by selecting "open_beta".

*later*
PS: I just saw that 3.011 went out of beta status, so you will get 3.011 with NONE !

PS ( a month later) : I thought apparently that you talk about CK2, but you didn't...oopsie..

Last edited:
Regular official patch 3.01 by selecting "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs", which is likely your first option there,
as you won't be using a beta variant anymore.

The beta for 3.011 by selecting "open_beta".

*later*
PS: I just saw that 3.011 went out of beta status, so you will get 3.011 with NONE !
Thank you! Although what I got was that Spanish update, don't remember what number it was atm. At least I'm able to play a newer version now.

Well I;'ve done all the steps. (linking accounts etc.) and copied over the password to unlock older versions of EU IV but the last version is not there! only goes to 1.27.2

I Want 1.28.2 most recent version before the update yesterday of 1.28.3 Spain.
...so why is every old version there under BETA drop down except most recent 1.28.2 ??

Well I;'ve done all the steps. (linking accounts etc.) and copied over the password to unlock older versions of EU IV but the last version is not there! only goes to 1.27.2

I Want 1.28.2 most recent version before the update yesterday of 1.28.3 Spain.
...so why is every old version there under BETA drop down except most recent 1.28.2 ??
1.28.3 was just released. Might take a while for the old version to come out as a 'beta'.

Same here. I also need patch 1.28.2 because the custom nation ideas in my mp game have changed with the new patch. It worked with the "open beta" one but it was also removed from the beta section.

1.28.3.0. They said that made a lot of changes to Spain in this version.

Seems i thought you talk about CK2, despite your EU4 screenshot...:confused:, and you didn't respond on me mentioning the CK2 patch version, thus likely my confusion that day.