• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They showed up.

You should now have access to the EUIV: Technical Support subforum.

I finally got it fixed. Thank you for the help.

And just in case I can save other people some time/searching, here's my post on the fix:

Finally got mine to work.

The linked provided earlier are for C++2015, but I had 2017 installed. I didn't want to uninstall the newer version, so I went to "Add or Remove Programs." If you find the 2017 version, click "modify." When it pops up, it'll give you an option to repair them. I did that and restarted my computer. It seems to have fixed the issue for me.

I entered the code, and am trying to switch to an old version to play a mod.

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

It's not updating to the old version, and I'm not sure why. Any ideas?

Any help at all would be appreciated. As you can see, it has obviously worked before and it has been completely broken for the past 4 days. The hot fix didn't work. Reinstalling three times didn't work. Completely deleting all of my C++ didn't work. Absolutely nothing is working.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    208,9 KB · Views: 40
It's not updating to the old version, and I'm not sure why. Any ideas?
Not really, but this is not an issue for this thread. Please post in EU4 Tech Support, thanks.

Any help at all would be appreciated. As you can see, it has obviously worked before and it has been completely broken for the past 4 days. The hot fix didn't work. Reinstalling three times didn't work. Completely deleting all of my C++ didn't work. Absolutely nothing is working.
If your game is not working, this is not an issue for this thread. Please start a new one in EU4 Tech Support, thanks.

I was able to avoid this issue untill now, when accidentally I left Internet on while launching steam or EU4 and my EU4 got updated.

So I have these three questions
- how to do this 'superior' linking accounts thingy and is it really necessary?
- when I try to log in at https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games I get "Error when contacting server." yesterday and today, what should i do?
I had account there; I remember unification of old board and paradoxplaza accounts' as a part of some board upgrade

Edit
and when I ask it to refresh password (although I have used it to log in here) "I get Could not contact the server to request a password reset. Please try again later." the sam as yesterday

Hi Andrew, as I wrote above I can not login at paradoxplaza.com, while I can use this account to login here.
I still get the same error.
There's a problem with the Store web page where passwords with space characters in them won't work. That aside I'm not sure what your problem could be, I'm sorry.

There's a problem with the Store web page where passwords with space characters in them won't work. That aside I'm not sure what your problem could be, I'm sorry.

I was using Firefox with some adds and js blocking. When I changed browser I was able to login. Maybe I blocked too much. Thanks anyway

what about GOG version?

EDIT: you dont need a Paradox acct. to revert on GOG is simple, go to Settings then select version 2.1.4 or whatever earliest version you have or want. if you want to keep that version, be sure to turn off auto updates.

and of course later, if you decide you want more/newer out of your game, you can always change it back. thanks Paradox for these options.

Last edited:
I was ready to panic with the new patch coming out today until I found this thread and read reverting to 1.27+ will be the same as before GDPR rules
Yeah it's excellent now :p thank the platypus-god we don't need those codes anymore. I had just started a new game of EUIV yesterday, completely unaware of the Spain/1.28 patch today.

Hello! First time poster here. I was able to revert back, following the steps here. *phew* I just have two questions.

1. "And as usual, we recommend that you complete any ongoing saves that you want to finish in the previous version of the game (1.27.2) before updating." Excuse me, but what? "Oh, there's gonna be an update in five minutes, I better hurry and finish these remaining 200 years of the game before that"...
  2. To prevent this from happening again, is there a way to prevent automatic updates?
Thanks!

Hello! First time poster here. I was able to revert back, following the steps here. *phew* I just have two questions.

1. "And as usual, we recommend that you complete any ongoing saves that you want to finish in the previous version of the game (1.27.2) before updating." Excuse me, but what? "Oh, there's gonna be an update in five minutes, I better hurry and finish these remaining 200 years of the game before that"...
  2. To prevent this from happening again, is there a way to prevent automatic updates?
Thanks!

Not sure what you are quoting here, but it's not the opening post.
Whatever...
1. Well that's what reverting is for, right ? To finish a game which might otherwise have cmpatibility problems on a new patch.
2. You can still revert, when the update happened or not, so you do not neccessarily need to prevent it, as long as you recognise when it happens.
Anyway, how to prevent updates : Start the game from inside Steam, to see when a warning about updates shows at "Play".
To get that warning, right click the game in Steam Libray-> Properties -> Updates tab - "Automatic updates": select "Only update this game when i launch it".
You'll get aforementioend warning. Then you can either check the News or the forum for what kind of update there is to happen and if you care and if it's a compatibility risk
or just go straight to Betas and select the most fitting patch.

Last edited:
And as usual, we recommend that you complete any ongoing saves that you want to finish in the previous version of the game (1.27.2) before updating." Excuse me, but what? "Oh, there's gonna be an update in five minutes, I better hurry and finish these remaining 200 years of the game before that"...
If you have saves that you want to finish then after the new patch comes down revert to the old one then finish them. Once done opt out of the old patch back into the current one.

To prevent this from happening again, is there a way to prevent automatic updates?
Only by putting Steam into offline mode, or unloading Steam altogether and playing the game like that.