• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1) the entire contents of the Steam EU4 folder

2/ copy the above files and folders entire

• 1Like
Reactions:
1) the entire contents of the Steam EU4 folder

2/ copy the above files and folders entire
So that would be on Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis IV, correct?
EDIT: Yep, that's where mine is. The installation directory can be found by opening the Steam client, selecting Library, pick the game -> properties -> local files -> browse

Last edited:
Reactions:
How do you play 1.10.3
If you mean in HOI4, the short answer is you cannot. If you have a mod that requires that version please contact the mod author to get it updated.

Reactions:
I was able to avoid this issue untill now, when accidentally I left Internet on while launching steam or EU4 and my EU4 got updated.
So I have these three questions
- how to do this 'superior' linking accounts thingy and is it really necessary?
- when I try to log in at paradox forums I get "Error when contacting server." yesterday and today, what should i do?
I had account there; I remember unification of old board and paradoxplaza accounts' as a part of some board upgrade

- how to do this 'superior' linking accounts thingy and is it really necessary?
I'm not sure what you are referring to here, sorry. Linking Steam and Paradox accounts? If so that is done here:

- when I try to log in at paradox forums I get "Error when contacting server." yesterday and today, what should i do?
But you must be logged in here to have posted this ... ?!?

Reactions:
EXCUSE ME I CANT FIND ACCESS EARLIER VERSIONS!!!! AND YES IM SIGNED INTO MY PARADOX ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do it in the Steam client, the Betas tab there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey guys so I just tried to get the 1.9 version of Stellaris after I upgraded my PC and I could not find it so I contacted Paradox and they said,

"if it's not there then it was probably trimmed from the list and not available anymore. Sorry about that!"

While I appreciate the reply from them this means all my save files are gone and that I can no longer play my game as I have been for the past few years. I am really getting tired of Paradox and them constantly changing rules. No other company does this, just them. I am now very frustrated and Will not be purchasing any thing else from them. Stellaris was a great game, not sure why they had to screw a portion of their customers. This feels like I have been kicked to the side like an old boot. Not cool Paradox. Let me play the game the way I want to play it. Again, because of what has transpired, I will no longer purchase anything you have a part in.

Good Day sir

Attachments

• I said good day.gif
    I said good day.gif
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
The 1.9.1 version of Stellaris is absolutely available in the Steam Betas tab for that game, I see it myself.

You do have to enter the beta access code though.

Reactions:
I have the access code, it does not show up. I tried.
I'll send a picture.
I can only guess you are entering it wrong in some way, it definitely works. Make sure there are no spaces or other extraneous characters.

Reactions:
Well I guess you were right. I have no clue why it wasn't working for me or why the person at Paradox told me that info. So thank you kind stranger for all the help.

Probably got muddled up with EU4, where version 1.9.1 is definitely gone. Got my hopes up then, when I saw AndrewT reply, until I saw you were talking about Stellaris. What you said though was certainly relevant regarding that game, & is ridiclous you cannot play old versions you paid for.

Reactions:
wait WHAT
oh no, not with my download speed :(

Then make a copy of it to use later again before using the Betas option.
The copied folder can remain in the same folder, as it has the slightly different name.

PS: Or simply rename the existing folder first (add a simple A_ in front for example) and hence making a fresh installation
of the Beta version thereafter, which is better anyway.

Disclaimer: I'm just another forum member, but the above works for me and every program i use in Steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: