How to request Veggies and Meat on General Storage?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ardotheone

Recruit
Mar 15, 2023
I see in the options of what is allowed in General Storage under food that Veggies and Meat are one of the allowed items. But when clicking request, the only thing food-related I see is wheat and flour. How can I request Veggies and Meat?
It seems they can put Meals in the General storage, but that is also not on the list as something you can request a minimum of.
Funny thing is a few of my other older General Storage, I was able to set Meals But I can't now.

Any ideas?
I want to request Veggies and Meat so its close to my Kitchens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_197.png
    Screenshot_197.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_198.png
    Screenshot_198.png
    402,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_199.png
    Screenshot_199.png
    705,6 KB · Views: 0
It has magically changed.
Now the food items are listed again, but only a few of them are."allowed"
Even though no food items are disallowed. Check the image.
Seems to randomly change what is shown swapping between only bread/wheat, and a few of the food items but the rest banned.
Really strange.

Attachments

• Screenshot_200.png
    Screenshot_200.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
Some background information may help. If it is a bug, I expect we'd see more reports of this issue. Not saying that there's none, just that the way it manifests might differ with others. Answer the following questions:

Tell us about your game config
  • Are you playing on PC (Epic or Steam) / Console? If Console which one?
  • Please confirm the patch version of your game by stating it in your next post.
  • What DLCs and/or mods (if any) have you got installed?

Questions to ask when troubleshooting weird play sessions
  • Did you add new content? New mods? New DLCs?
  • Did the last game session exit cleanly after a successful Save or had to do ForceQuit / Ctrl+Alt+Del?
  • Is this happening only in this Save or all other playing sessions of different Saves as well? In Normal scenarios, and custom ones or the built-in Scenarios?

If on PC, continue below.
What does the log file indicate? Open the .log file while the game is NOT running.

• Locate the path that contains the log file
Player.log : go to

`%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\`
  • There might be clues to the issues on the last lines before the weird "magic change" occurred.
  • Attach the Player.log file in your next post if you need help interpreting it. This would also help Devs take a look into this issue.
    • There are usually 2 log files at any given time. The last play session and the previous-to-last. Attach both or the one where you experience this.
  • If you want Devs to delve further into this, also attach the Save file where this "phenomenon" occurs.
<gamename>.save : go to

`Documents\Paradox Interactive\Surviving the Aftermath\SaveGames`

Establish a baseline with new User Folders
  • Backup the current folder by appending “backup” to the end of the folder name, or zipping it up and moving the .zip file elsewhere so it is safe
  • Launch a New game with similar settings and play a session to get to the General Storage. Starting a New game would regenerate all files anew.
    • Does the same thing happen? Or, is the issue gone?
    • This means something in the previous User folders is causing issues.

If on Console, there's a way to refresh the consoles' cache storage. You'd need to research that as I don't have consoles.

Last edited:
Are you playing on PC (Epic or Steam) / Console? If Console which one?
>>>Epic
Please confirm the patch version of your game by stating it in your next post.
>>>2022.10-SE
What DLCs and/or mods (if any) have you got installed?
>>>None
Did you add new content? New mods? New DLCs?
>>>No Base game, only
Did the last game session exit cleanly after a successful Save or had to do ForceQuit / Ctrl+Alt+Del?
>>>No issues saving and exiting the game.
Is this happening only in this Save or all other playing sessions of different Saves as well? In Normal scenarios, and custom ones, or the built-in Scenarios?
>>>Custom settings game because I wanted to see the settings, But I don't think I changed anything in the end except the hardness and fertile land =80% hardness. I tested Multiple saves and found it was there in all of them. Found a save where I had the Gen Storage but had not built one yet. Built one, and it was the same; every food was missing but flour and wheat. (But we know sometimes that it will show as is evident from the images.)
Attached the most recent save. Testing a new game with new profile Dir now.

Attachments

• Player.log
    22,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Player-prev.log
    46,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023-03-16_05-18-16.save
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
It's the same in a new game with a new user folder.
So it looks like a bug.

Custom game, Set to Hard and good land to 50% = 80% hardness

Attachments

• Player.log
    16,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2023-03-17_05-26-51.save
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_201.png
    Screenshot_201.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
I can't be certain, but I think all Food items are grouped into the Food icon for requests, as the resources list has become unwieldy. But the icon that shows in Storage's allocated boxes are each Food icon by type.

I used that same icon myself in Resource Factory mod (outdated now).

I think this "game design" is what determines my strategy to use FoodStorage for requested items as I have better control that way, and utilize General Storage for manufactured items. Drawback is that FoodStorage does not have a lot of capacity, so it's dotted in the colony everywhere. Which may prove to be a blessing in disguise for having shorter trips to fulfil Hunger (and Malnutrition).

I can't be certain, but I think all Food items are grouped into the Food icon for requests, as the resources list has become unwieldy. But the icon that shows in Storage's allocated boxes are each Food icon by type.

I used that same icon myself in Resource Factory mod (outdated now).

I think this "game design" is what determines my strategy to use FoodStorage for requested items as I have better control that way, and utilize General Storage for manufactured items. Drawback is that FoodStorage does not have a lot of capacity, so it's dotted in the colony everywhere. Which may prove to be a blessing in disguise for having shorter trips to fulfil Hunger (and Malnutrition).
There is only a food icon on the Disallow menu. There is no food icon on the request menu.
Thing is sometimes there is food listed, Not sure how to make it happen but I took a screenshot once and it was showing. Then a bit later they were gone again.