How to remove "Domineering" from allies

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RMS Oceanic

Field Marshal
49 Badges
Jan 27, 2014
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
As Milan I had Austria as an ally, when as part of the Ambrosian Republic disaster they received a Personal Union CB. As a result they turned from Ally to Domineering, and soon broke the alliance. I don't necessarily dislike this mechanic, it can be an interesting way to open up opportunities in alliance webs, but I wish there was a way to get them to drop the domineering attitude, even if it's difficult. As is it currently means Milan cannot rely on the emperor at all, because they're destined to get that CB and won't be able to ally them for 25 years. Is there a way to flip them back to ally, or am I out of luck?

AFAIK if the AI flips to domineering because they can potentially PU you, they won't flip back to friendly until it's no longer possible for them to PU you. Which can be pretty dangerous for you since you can end up politically isolated and then Austria comes calling.

Terixis is right the AI will try to go for the PU as long it have the CB (wich is normal IMO, AI should try to take the PU oportunity).

The best strategy is anticipating the PU CB and getting some ally who can deter Ai to declare on you.

This is even worst with portugal when you relly on castille for your safety (because you want to colonise quietly).

Terixis is right the AI will try to go for the PU as long it have the CB (wich is normal IMO, AI should try to take the PU oportunity).

The best strategy is anticipating the PU CB and getting some ally who can deter Ai to declare on you.

This is even worst with portugal when you relly on castille for your safety (because you want to colonise quietly).
It was easy enough to protect myself, Aragon and Castile wanted to be my buddies, it's just an extra level of difficulty in the HRE when the Emperor no longer wants to be your friend, and rules out the choice to remain when the Shadow Kingdom fires, so I was wondering if there was an alternative.

It was easy enough to protect myself, Aragon and Castile wanted to be my buddies, it's just an extra level of difficulty in the HRE when the Emperor no longer wants to be your friend, and rules out the choice to remain when the Shadow Kingdom fires, so I was wondering if there was an alternative.
It doesn't rule out, it just means you have to suffer the malus whilst the cb expires

Reactions: