• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(772434)

Recruit
2 Badges
Jul 22, 2013
www.youtube.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • The Showdown Effect
So, I'm playing Teleglitch Die More and it's harder than the old game for sure. I quite easily manage to to level 4 but there seems to be a major bump there as there's more of the red guards (the ones with guns).

I've managed to get past them a few times but they usually destroy me in mere seconds.

I would happily appreciate guidance on how to progress past level4 in Die More. Also if there's another bump later on (I dread scientists in later levels) please give advice on that aswell.

I consider myself decent at the game and I easily got to level 5 in the old game and I managed to get to level 8 several times. As noted before I have reached level 5 a couple of times but I usually die on level 4.

Once you see them, either run for cover or shoot. If you have change weapons or think about what to use against them, do it once you are around the corner. Trying to run from bullets and bombing don't work that well on them.
Don't let them surprise you, their step sounds will help with that. Agl and shotguns are the best weapons against them. Getting some armor will also help.

Die less.

j/k

Once the brown and red enemies start appearing (the guys with guns), I find I need to move more slowly through the levels. When going through a door, don't just walk through the middle, inviting anyone with eyes to shoot you, move to the side (the doors don't open all the way so there's cover). Use cover where possible. Even just going around a small corner works. Make them come to you. So long as you can get the first shot off, you're golden.

They're very easy to hear coming from a long way off with their distinctive footsteps, too, so they don't often come as a surprise. The second level of scanner would help, as well, but I always use the microchips for teleports first so often go without.

Oh, and make armor. Always. Eat canned food as soon as you can get it (it can even bring you above 100 health, unlike other health items) and save the empty tins for the armor. Don't waste them on things like Panzerfausts. You can build those later since you don't need them in the first few levels. Armor first. That way you can survive getting shot up a bit.

I just got to level6.
I think I figured the red guards out now. And having the second scanner helps a lot, that's for sure.

Shotgun is amazing for the guards, just sneak around a corner or behind a door and wait for them to come, when they come, give them a swarm of shotgun pellets to the face.

I was worried about the
boss fight on level 5 but that one was as easy as last time. Even easier to be honest as there was only 2 walkers.

Next up to worry about is the
snake boss
I guess. Ah well, I'll handle that when I get there.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I never played the previous version of the game, but I found the snake monster to be easier than those two war walkers. I've met it twice, not dying at all, but it took me three tries to beat the war walkers for the first time..
So I guess you will be fine ;)