How to opt out of ship viewer test? I just want vanilla 3.0.3

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kolath

Sergeant
35 Badges
Mar 29, 2020
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
The patch breaks mods that deal with ships. I am trying to coordinate a modded MP game and people randomly have this patch that breaks the game and others do not. How do you opt out and just get base 3.0.3 version?

I have never heard of this test you mention, I am sorry. You have not opted into any beta in the Steam Betas tab for this game?

I have never heard of this test you mention, I am sorry. You have not opted into any beta in the Steam Betas tab for this game?
This test: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ment-and-pdxcon-q-a-transcript.1476308/page-6

It affects random users who are ostensibly on 3.0.3 but actually get a different checksum, which breaks multiplayer games and it also happens to break a lot of popular mods.

We were able to resolve this issue by forcing everyone to move to the crossplay branch under betas, but it is crazy to me that PDX would force out a test patch instead of putting it in an opt-in beta test.

I see, I did not know about that.

Only the devs can change that, so i suggest you post in that thread about the issues it causes. I agree it seems wrong to not have it as an opt-in .

Sorry about that!

• 1Like
Reactions:
The only way to get out of this is by opting into a beta branch, the crossplay branch is recommended for this as it is more or less just 3.0.3.

That said it is indeed pretty unacceptable to just roll something like this out to people at random, causes crashes with mods and so on, caused all kinds of problems for multiplayer because of that.

Would be nice if test features like that would be on an opt in basis in the future.